NUI Galway is committed to attracting high calibre students from around the world. To this end, the University offers a range of merit based partial tuition fee waivers to eligible students.
Awards for Sub-Saharan African students are valued from €1,000 up to 50% tuition fee waivers for those commencing study at NUI Galway in September 2022.
Sub-Saharan African Student Scholarships at National University of Ireland Eligibility
Undergraduate or Postgraduate Students from Sub-Saharan Africa that have accepted an offer to study at NUI Galway commencing September 2022 will be considered for these awards.
Our Sub-Saharan African Scholarships are available to high-achieving students from Angola, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
Which Fields are Eligible?
- College of Arts, Social Sciences, and Celtic Studies
- College of Business, Public Policy, & Law
- College of Medicine, Nursing & Health Sciences
- College of Science and Engineering
How to Apply for Sub-Saharan African Student Scholarships at National University of Ireland
Scholarships applicants are assessed based on academic merit. In addition, applicants will be asked to submit a Personal Scholarship Statement. (500 words maximum) covering the following points:
- Your interest in coming to NUI Galway.
- Why you believe you are a good candidate for this scholarship.
- How will you promote links with NUI Galway, both during your scholarship tenure and as alumni?
Undergraduate Students can log in and apply via their personal NUI Galway application portal here.
Postgraduate Students can apply using the International Scholarships online application form here.
- Round 1: Opened in February; open to all students that have accepted their offer on/before 28th March – round 1 awards close on Thursday 31st March.
- Round 2: Opens to all students on Friday 1st April up to Tuesday 31st May – round 2 awards close on Tuesday 31st May.