The University of South Australia is offering a number of scholarships to international students commencing Masters/PhD programme for the 2020/2021 academic session.
University of South Australia Scholarships
The University of South Australia offers the following scholarships to international applicants.
- Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships
- University President’s Scholarships (UPS)
- International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS)
Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships
Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships are funded by the Australian Government and awarded to international candidates on the basis of academic merit and research potential.
An RTPi scholarship will cover your tuition fees and your Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and provide a stipend (living allowance), but will not pay for travel expenses. A thesis allowance is funded to cover the cost of printing and binding the thesis.
- Scholarships are available to support students enrolling in areas of research concentration and research strength.
- Generally an applicant must have first-class Honours or equivalent to gain a scholarship at the University of South Australia.
- An awardee must be enrolled on a full-time basis as a candidate for a Masters by Research or PhD at the University of South Australia.
- An awardee shall be enrolled as an internal candidate at the University of South Australia.
Value and Duration of Award: At least $28,092 per annum (2020 stipend rate) for 3 years, with the possibility of one six-month extension (2020 stipend rate)
How to apply: Apply online
University President’s Scholarships (UPS)
University President’s Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit.
A UPS will cover tuition fees and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). The living allowance must be provided by the University of South Australia centre, school, division where an applicant has applied. The minimum rate is the RTP Stipend base rate. In some cases, the living allowance may be provided by a sponsor or external funding provider.
The benefits and conditions are based on those applicable to the RTPi scholarship; however, they may be amended depending on the source of the living allowance; any offer made will detail the benefits and conditions that apply.
Travel expenses are not covered by the scholarship.
- You must have a University of South Australia supervisor willing to nominate you for consideration and outstanding academic records,
- You must be a citizen of an overseas country eligible for entry to Australia for the time required to complete the research degree.
- UPS are nearly always given to doctorate by research candidates but can be given to masters by research candidates in some cases. These scholarships can only be taken at this university.
Value of Award: Tuition fees plus a living allowance of at least $28,092 per annum (2020 stipend rate).
How to apply: Apply online
International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS)
International Research Tuition Scholarships (IRTS) are awarded to international candidates on the basis of academic merit and demonstrated research capability, and who will be supported during their degree by a full living stipend supported by external funding.
In addition to meeting UniSA’s eligibility criteria, applicants must be:
- Commencing international research degree students
- High quality with demonstrated research capability
- Be supported by a strong supervisory panel(with end-user adviser on the supervisory panel, where appropriate), and be enrolled in a research-rich environment
- In receipt of (or been awarded) a fully externally funded stipend scholarship, or in receipt of a living stipend supported by external funding*.
*Note: the living stipend need to be in the form of an externally funded scholarship administered through the University or agreement with a sponsorship body or organisation.
Value and Duration of Award:
- The IRTS will cover the international tuition fee for 3 years (plus a possibility of a 6 month extension) for a PhD student and the international tuition fee for 2 years for a research master’s student.
- The scholarship does not cover overseas health cover and applicants are responsible for ensuring they have visa length overseas health cover for themselves and, if applicable, their family.
How to apply for University of South Australia Scholarships
- You can apply for an International Research Tuition Scholarship at any time of the year.
- Applications must be made online via the University’s Apply Online facility.
- Apply online
For more information, visit the University of South Australia Scholarships.
- Research Training Program international (RTPi) Scholarships: 31st August 2020
- University President’s Scholarships (UPS): 31st August 2020
- International Research Tuition Scholarship (IRTS): Rolling