Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified international students for the Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) PhD Scholarships 2021 to study in Singapore.
Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) Scholarship for international applicants seeking admission to pursue a full-time PhD programme at NTU in 2021.
SINGA PhD Scholarships
The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), the National University of Singapore (NUS) and the Nanyang Technological University (NTU) to offer PhD training to be carried out in English at your chosen lab at A*STAR Research Institutes, NUS or NTU. Students will be supervised by distinguished and world-renowned researchers in these labs. Upon successful completion, students will be conferred a PhD degree by either NUS or NTU.
SINGA PhD Scholarships Eligibility and Selection Criteria
- Open for application to all international graduates with a passion for research and excellent academic results
- Good skills in written and spoken English
- Good reports from academic referees
The above eligibility criteria are not exhaustive.
A*STAR may include additional selection criteria based on prevailing scholarship policies. These policies may be amended from time to time without notice.
Eligible Field of Study: Research areas under the PhD Programme fall broadly under two categories:
- Biomedical Sciences; and
- Physical Science and Engineering.
Number of Scholarships: up to 240
Value of Scholarship: The award provides support for up to 4 years of PhD studies including:
- Tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,000, which will be increased to S$2,500 after the passing of the Qualifying Examination
- One-time airfare grant of up to S$1,500*
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000*
* Subject to terms and conditions
Duration of Scholarship: For 4 years
How to Apply for SINGA PhD Scholarships
International candidates who have met the above criteria should CLICK HERE to apply online.
For more information, visit SINGA PhD Scholarships.
- 1st June 2020 for January 2021 intake
- 1st December 2020 for July 2021 intake.