Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sabre Education Recruitment 2020.
Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organizations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
- Company: Sabre Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: District Training Coordinator
- Co-ordinate the consultations with district/municipal/metropolitan education directorate (DED/MED), district/municipal/metropolitan assemblies, through the district/municipal/metropolitan education oversight committees (DEOC/MEOC), community leaders and parents.
- Support the DIT/MIT to handle the following tasks
- organise the logistics for training and other related events,
- co-ordinate and co-facilitate the training of trainers (To) for the DTST in active play-based learning and positive behaviour management
- co-ordinate and support the DTST in training KG teachers, head teachers, circuit supervisors and other GES staff in active play-based learning and positive behaviour management
- organise circuit-based meetings and best practice for a
- organise the termly district level programme management meetings.
- Work with colleagues in co-facilitating the training of trainers for the DTST in the active play-based learning and positive behaviour management.
- Supervise on-going training and support to the DIT/MIT, DTST, KG teachers, head teachers, circuit supervisors, and other key district actors like the DEOC, community leaders and parents.
- Co-ordinate the monitoring of the project by the DIT/MIT, District Director of Education, Deputy Director for Supervision, and Circuit Supervisors.
- Co-ordinate the organisation of regular review meetings with the DIT/MIT, the district education directorate and DEOC/MEOC.
- Ensure regular reports and proper documentation of project activities in the district/municipal/metropolitan (documenting lessons learnt, best practices and beneficiary feedback) and share monthly and termly updates with the Training Manager and partners.
- Work with Training Manager and team to review performance against the project budget, ensuring value for money
- Co-ordinate monitoring visits by Sabre management, GES/MOE regional and national management, and funders.
- Support the development and review of training resources.
- Assist with any other activities that further the goals of Sabre’s KG Programme.
- Ability to facilitate adult learning through the use of interactive and engaging strategies
- Ability to build and sustain professional working relationships with different groups of people including teachers, head teachers and Ghana Education Service officers, community leaders and parents
- Ability to coordinate the activities of key stakeholders at the district and community levels to achieve project outcomes
- Ability to reflect on project related activities, document and report such
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer literacy e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point
- Determined and highly motivated to make a change
- Readiness to unlearn and learn
- Receptive and able to support teachers and other stakeholders make a shift from long held beliefs and practices
- A team player
- Efficient use of company resources (budget & time)
- Adherence to quality service delivery
- Achievement of set targets for the period
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management or related discipline
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience
- Prior teaching or facilitation experience will be of added advantage
How to Apply
Applicants should send cover letter and CV in one PDF attachment to [email protected]
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sabre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sabre offers a competitive salary. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and growing organization transforming kindergartens across Ghana as partners with the Ghana Education Service. In addition to flexibility, your job will evolve as quickly as the company scales. That means you’ll constantly be doing and learning new things.