Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Sabre Education Recruitment 2020.
Sabre Education is a multi-award winning charity that has forged a reputation as one of the leading early years education organizations in Ghana – a country often cited as a leader for good quality early education practice in Africa. Sabre’s approach is built on a trusted implementing partner relationship with the Government of Ghana, and Sabre is committed to bringing innovations to the existing education system, to ensure all children can access quality kindergarten education.
- Company: Sabre Education
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Training Officer
The Sabre Trust is a development organization working in close collaboration with the local education authorities in the Central, Western and Eastern Regions of Ghana, to support the implementation of the Ghana Education Service’s plans to scale up quality kindergarten education nationwide.
The role holder will assist with the facilitation of the transformational teaching training program of the Organisation and assist Training Manager and other team members to ensure smooth delivery of all elements of the program
- Work with program partners to ensure that all stakeholders are fully engaged in the training process and supportive of the Programme goals.
- Liaise with the Learning team, to ensure that the required data is collected and analysed correctly to demonstrate evidence-based results and learning.
- Coordinate the Programme Management Meetings, including setting agenda and recording minutes.
- Work with Training Manager (TM), trainers and partners to coordinate training workshops, both in terms of logistics and resources/materials.
- Work with Training Manager, Program Director and Accountant to review performance against the project budget, ensuring value for money on all deliverables and good budget administration in accordance with approved budget.
- Support the Training Manager and other Training Officers in preparing and delivering training-the-trainer workshops.
- Prepare internal project reports, which will form the basis of termly updates to partners and donor reports.
- Provide technical support in the development of concept notes and proposals for fundraising
- Support any other activities that furthers the goals of the Brighter Futures Programme, as required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of a first degree in Education (Basic or Early Childhood), Social Work or Project Management from a recognized tertiary institution with at least 2 years post national service relevant work experience
- Prior knowledge in facilitation and project management will be of added advantage
- Team player & easily adaptable
- Teachable and ready to learn
- Efficient & Reliable
- Good sense of judgment
- Ability to facilitate learning programs
- Ability to formulate project plans and proposals for external partners
- Knowledge in project management principles
- Basic knowledge in research or monitoring and evaluation of outcomes
- Knowledge in early childhood education or child development.
How to Apply
Please send cover letter and CV in one PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Sabre is an equal opportunity employer.
Sabre offers a competitive salary. The non-monetary compensation includes a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, fun, and growing organization transforming kindergartens across Ghana as partners with the Ghana Education Service. In addition to flexibility, your job will evolve as quickly as the company scales. That means you’ll constantly be doing and learning new things.