Applications are open for the Royal Academy of Engineering Ingenious Public Engagement Grant Program 2018. Ingenious is an awards scheme for projects that engage the public with engineers and engineering. The Ingenious Programme funds imaginative projects that connect members of the public with engineers and helps those engineers to communicate their expertise and enthusiasm and tell the story of the wide range of UK engineering.
2018 has been designated by government as the Year of Engineering and the Academy is especially keen to receive applications for inventive public engagement projects that aim to reach diverse and under-represented audiences, including communities in deprived parts of the country, and projects that will engage with people of different genders, ages and ethnic backgrounds.
Funding of between £3,000 and £30,000 is available for projects to:
- Inspire creative public engagement with engineering projects
- Motivate engineers to share their stories, passion and expertise with wider audiences and develop their communication and engagement skills
- Raise awareness of the diversity, nature and impact of engineering amongst people of all ages and backgrounds
- Provide opportunities for engineers to engage with members of the public from groups currently under-represented in engineering
Eligibility for Royal Academy of Engineering Ingenious Public Engagement Grant Program
- Open to engineers and creative or public engagement professionals keen to explore ways to provide public engagement training and opportunities for engineers and to engage new groups of people with their work;
- All projects must involve engineers in the development or delivery of projects, enabling them to gain skills, knowledge and experience in public engagement;
- Applicants must be employed and based in the UK. Joint/partnership applications between engineers and organisations that specialise in communication/engagement with the public are welcomed;
- The engineers involved in the project must be based in and studying or employed in the UK. They must be graduate level or equivalent and above (including those at senior level) and can be from academia, industry or the public sector. Engineers may also be apprentices and technicians. Applications that only engage undergraduate engineers are ineligible for Ingenious;
- Any applications that are incomplete or do not adhere to the guidelines may be rejected;
- Funds for the next round will be awarded to successful projects in April 2019 and project research and development may begin from this time. However, any project activity delivery must take place after May 1, 2019. Projects must be completed by July 31, 2020.
Application for Royal Academy of Engineering Ingenious Public Engagement Grant Program
For more information, visit Ingenious Public Engagement Grant Program.