Regional Maritime University, RMU Postgraduate Certificate in Marine Fishery Admissions. RMU admissions to postgraduate certificate in Marine Fishery Technology to study abroad for the 2021/2022 academic year not yet specified.
Participants are expected to develop technical skills essential to the practical management and exploitation of fisheries resources. This program will cover major world fisheries as well as quantitative assessment methods. It is a must for individuals involved in the day-to-day business of fisheries resource management locally, nationally, or internationally and is offered through Shanghai Ocean University’s College of Marine Science – one of China’s most comprehensive centres for education and training for the ocean industries. Some of the courses to be handled include Fish Stock Assessment and Management, Fishing, Navigation and Sea Rescue Simulator Training, Application of Remote Sensing in Exploring Fishing Grounds, Fishing Gear Manufacturing Practical, Fishing Gear in Relation to Fish Behaviour, etc.
The program is offered through course work, practical sessions and seminar based sessions for a period of 10 months leading to the award of the Post Graduate Certificate in Marine Fishery Technology.
- The programme is hosted at Shanghai Ocean University, Shanghai, China.
- The total fee for the duration of programme is USD2,381 per student from RMU member countries (Cameroon, The Gambia, Ghana, Liberia and Sierra Leone) and USD3,295 per year per student from non-member states of the RMU. This includes the tuition fee, accommodation fee and insurance for the period of the programme.
- Air fares and Visa processing Fees shall be borne by students.
- Prospective students must have a background in Oceanography, Fisheries Science, Marine Biology, Nautical Science or any other related field.
- Applicants should have obtained their degree from a recognised university with no lower than 2.8 Grade Point on a 4-point Grade Scale.
- Applicants must submit the following with application form: notarized copy of degree certificate and transcript, and other relevant documents.
How to Apply for RMU Postgraduate Certificate in Marine Fishery Admissions
[I] DOMESTIC APPLICANTS
All applicants are required to use the Regional Maritime University [RMU] online application portal. The procedure for the online application process is as follows:[a] Make appropriate payment of GH¢215.00 or $70.00 at the various sales centers for the RMU
Sale Centers[i] Regional Maritime University, Nungua – Accra, Cash Office [ii] All Branches of the Ghana Commercial Bank [iii] All Branches of Ecobank [foreign and local] [iv] All Regional and District Post Offices across Ghana [b] The E-Voucher contains the Pin and Serial Number required in completing the online form. [c] Access the online form by visiting the University’s online admissions portal at www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions soon after payment. [d] In completing the online form, students will be required to upload their passport size photographs. [e] A completed form is not considered until it is SUBMITTED. [g] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be forwarded to the Registrar. [h] Candidates are strongly advised to visit Courier Companies in their Countries for assistance towards the return of the application documents [see f]. [i] Completed application forms and other documents should be addressed to:
The Academic Registrar
Regional Maritime University
Post Office Box GP 1115
Accra – Ghana
[II] INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS[a] Log onto the admission portal : www.rmu.edu.gh/admissions [b] Click on International Applications and follow the instructions displayed on the page for the completion of the form. [c] Applicants must print out application summary; attach transcripts, certificates and all other relevant documents. These documents should be sent to the Academic Registrar.
The closing date for submission of application form is not yet specified. Candidates should note that No Application will be accepted after the deadline.
For further information, please contact:
Telephone Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712343 / 712775 / 719390
Fax Numbers : +233 302 714070 / 712047