Applications are open for The Open Society Fellowships For International Students, USA, you can read more about The Open Society Fellowships For International Students, USA below and apply.
The Open Society Foundations, established by philanthropist and investor George Soros, stand as a globally influential network of initiatives dedicated to promoting open societies, human rights, democratic governance, and social justice. With a presence in numerous countries, these foundations have been instrumental in fostering positive change by providing financial support, expertise, and advocacy to a wide array of causes. Through partnerships with civil society organizations, governments, and grassroots movements, the Open Society Foundations work to challenge oppressive systems, advocate for marginalized communities, and champion the principles of transparency, accountability, and inclusivity.
Open Society Fellowships for International Students, USA is available to undertake fellowship-level programs in the USA.Universities.
All Subjects Scholarship Benefits:
The following subjects are available to study under this scholarship program.
- All Subjects
- Stipends for fellows vary, with amounts of $80,000 or $100,000, taking into account factors like work experience, seniority, and present income.
- This stipend isn’t necessarily aligned with the applicant’s current salary. The program often guides fellows on effective communication of their work to wider audiences and shaping ongoing discussions.
- Efforts are made to integrate fellows into networks of OSF’s partners, grantees, and the fellowship cohort. In addition to the stipend, fellows are provided a project budget covering costs like travel, visa expenses, research assistance, conference fees, and health insurance.
- However, operational and programmatic expenses, such as employee wages and infrastructure, aren’t covered. The fellowship does not sponsor academic enrollment, whether for degrees or non-degree studies, including dissertation research.
- Notably, the fellowship cannot fund projects involving lobbying activities due to U.S. private foundation tax regulations.
- Application consideration is subject to funding availability within the fellowship program.
This fellowship is open to international students of all nationalities.
- Ideal candidates are specialists characterized by their ability to transcend the narrow boundaries of their field, coupled with the determination to accomplish projects of extraordinary significance.
- Proposals are welcomed from individuals worldwide, with the stipulation of a strong command of spoken and written English.
- Applicants are expected to exhibit a profound comprehension of the central concepts embedded within the proposition.
- They should also be open to collaborating with a group of fellows representing diverse occupational, geographical, and ideological backgrounds.
- Successful candidates should demonstrate enthusiasm for leveraging the extensive resources made available by the Open Society Foundations.
- Additionally, they should be ready to engage in meaningful interactions within our global network.
- Ineligibility Criteria The fellowship does not fund enrollment for degree or nondegree study at academic institutions, including dissertation research.
- This is a fellowship for individuals only; proposals from organizations or individuals acting on behalf of organizations will not be accepted.