The National Teaching Council (NTC) Examinations Registration Procedures for 2021/2022 Prospective Teachers has been released. In this guide, we’ll show you how to register for NTC professional licensure examination for 2021.
RECOMMENDED: Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) Centres.
National Teaching Council Licensure Examination for Teachers
The National Teaching Council is mandated by the Education Act 2008 (Act 778), Section 9 to improve professional standing and status of teachers and to license and register teachers in Ghana. The purpose of the Licensing Examination is to enable qualified teachers acquire a professional license; and also attract excellent young graduates from the universities and Colleges of Education who have the required professional knowledge, skills and attitudes necessary to deliver effectively in schools.
RECOMMENDED: Download Sample Questions for Teacher Licensure Exams.
Eligibility for Licensure Examination
- All Prospective candidates who hold the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE), Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a Post Graduate Diploma in Education (PGDE), M.Ed and are desirous of seeking employment as teachers.
- All the above-mentioned candidates who completed in 2020 or before 2021 qualify to write the examination at a Regional Centre of their choice
- Candidates who have written the Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination and are not successful, as well as fresh candidates, can register.
Fees for registration:
- Fresh candidates are required to pay GHȻ 280.00 to register for the examination
- Candidates who are re-sitting are to pay GHȻ150.00 for one (1) Re-sit paper
- Candidates who are re-sitting two (2) papers are to pay GHȻ250.00
- Candidates who are re-sitting all the three (3) papers are to pay GHȻ 280.00
All candidates must pay to any GCB Bank Ltd Branch and Prudential Bank Ltd nationwide to purchase a voucher for the online registration.
*** Candidates must notify the Bank as fresh students, re-sitting one, two or three papers. MOMO payment can be made through the short code *772*51#.
Candidates should log onto https://exams.ntc.gov.gh/ to check their confirmation status before proceeding to the bank to purchase the voucher. Unconfirmed candidates should contact their awarding institutions to have their details sent to NTC for confirmation.
- Take PIN and Serial Number from GCB Bank Ltd.
- Log onto www.exams.ntc.gov.gh
- Click on Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) link
- Enter your e-voucher Serial No. and Pin
- Fill in all the fields and remember to upload your Passport-size photograph
- Review the information provided and submit
- Print a summary of the inputs made.
NOTE: NTC will not accept any request for change of photograph and personal details after the examination.
- Review information provided and submit
- Print Summary of the inputs made
Candidates should keep their PIN and SERIAL NUMBERS secure after registration for the licensure examination for further use after the examination.
Completed application forms should be received online no later than Wednesday 8th September, 2021.
NB: There will be no extension in time for registration beyond Wednesday 8th September, 2021. deadline.
The date for the Examination is scheduled for Monday 25th and Tuesday 26th October 2021.
NTC GTLE Timetable September 2021
|Monday, October 25th, 2021||1st Literacy
2nd Essential Professional Skills
|9:00 am to 11:00 am
1:00 pm to 3:00 pm
|Tuesday, October 26th, 2021||Numeracy||9:00 am to 10:00 am|
Ghana Teacher Licensure Examination (GTLE) Centres
|REGIONS||ORIGINAL CENTRE||NEW CENTRE|
|ANGLICAN SHS||KNUST (CASLEY HAYFORD BUIDLING)|
|ASANTEMAN SHS||KNUST (COLLEGE OF SCIENCE)|
|KUMASI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY||KNUST (COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING0|
|ST. LOUIS COLLEGE||ST. LOUIS COLLEGE|
|PREMPEH COLLEGE||UEW, KUMASI CAMPUS|
|OPOKU WARE SHS||UEW, KUMASI CAMPUS|
|EASTERN||SDA COLLEGE, ASOKORE||SDA COLLEGE, ASOKORE|
|GREATER ACCRA||UCC CENTRE PAPAFIO||PWCE, ABURI|
|UCC CENTRE PAPAFIO||PCE, AKROPONG|
|ACCRA COLLEGE||ACCRA COLLEGE|
|BRONG||UENR||SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|UENR||SUNYANI TECHNICAL UNIVERSITY|
|VOLTA||WAEC HALL, HO||ST. FRANCIS COE, HOHOE|
|WAEC HALL, HO||ST, TERESA’S COE, HOHOE|
|CENTRAL||OLA COE, CAPE COAST||OLA COE, CAPE COAST|
|NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC||NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC|
|EXAM HALL, CAPE COAST||NEW EXAM CENTRE, UCC|
|WESTERN NORTH||BIBIANI SHS||WIAWSO COE|
|WESTERN||HOLY CHILD COE||HOLY CHILD COE|
|FIJAI SHS||HOLY CHILD COE|
|UPPER EAST||ST. JOHN BOSCO’S NAVRONGO||ST. JOHN BOSCO’S NAVRONGO|
|UPPER WEST||NJA COE||NJA COE|
1. Candidates at ST. Louis, UENR and UCC Centre, Papafio shall receive text messages to confirm their exact centres. They may also visit the registration portal using their login details.
2. Numeracy shall start at exactly 9:00 am and end at 10:45 am.
3. Essential Profession Skills shall start at 11:45 am and end at 1:00 pm
4. Literacy shall start at 2:00 pm and end at 3:15 pm
5. Candidates shall not be permitted to write at any centre other than their assigned centres.
6. Candidates shall wear face mask before, during and after each paper.
7. Candidates shall follow all COVID-19 protocols including washing of hands, use of hand sanitizers and observance of social distance.
8. Candidates shall be seated 30 minutes before the start of each paper.