Download New GES Curriculum For Basic Schools 2021: Do you need the new GES curriculum for basic schools? You are at the right place.
Following the launching of the new basic curriculum as part of the ongoing reforms in the sector by the Ghana Education Service (GES), we’re providing you with the recent curriculum.
The Education Ministry is embarking on the reforms, particularly at the pre-tertiary level, to make education more responsive to the human resource and development needs of Ghana.
Features of the New Primary Curriculum
Below are the key features of the newly-introduced reforms which will take effect at the start of the new academic calendar in September.
Under the new curriculum, the following important features must be noted;
1. At KG, the number of learning areas is to be reduced from seven (7) to four (4) which are integrated into themes. However, these will be treated with more depth.
2. At Lower and Upper Primary, the number of subjects remains the same. However, there will be fewer concepts and more in-depth treatment of concept in each subject. Further, there is greater emphasis on literacy and numeracy.
3. Introduction of standards-based curriculum. This means that at every stage in school, a student is expected to demonstrate an understanding and mastery of knowledge and skills that they are expected to learn as they progress through their education.
4. There will be national assessments at P2, P4 and P6 to ensure that children’s performance is being tracked.
5. History of Ghana will be compulsory for each child from P1 to P6.
6. RME will be a standalone subject.
7. PE will be a standalone subject and will be taught practically
8. French will be introduced at Upper Primary
Plan for Nationwide Implementation
1. Training a core of 150 master trainers nationwide on the new curriculum.
2. The master trainers will in turn train 3,900 district and regional trainers.
3. About 152,000 KG and primary school teachers will be trained across the country by the master, regional and district trainers.
4. There will be continuous professional development through the setting up of learning communities for teachers to enable them share ideas and experiences.
5 Community engagement (School Management Committees (SMCs), School Performance Appraisal Meetings (SPAM), PTA), supply of curriculum documents to schools, supply of textbooks, relevant teaching-learning resources, monitoring and evaluation.
Download New GES Curriculum For Basic Schools
You can now have access to the new curriculum by downloading below:
- Computing Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- History Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Physical Education Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Religious and Moral Education Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 1-6).
- Science Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- Science Curriculum for Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- Mathematics Curriculum for Lower Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- Mathematics Curriculum for Higher Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- English Curriculum for Lower Primary Schools (Basic 1-3).
- English Curriculum for Higher Primary Schools (Basic 4-6).
- French Curriculum (Basic 1-6).
The curricula above are the latest ones released by the Ghana Education Service (GES) for basic schools.