Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Newmont Goldcorp Corporation Recruitment for Supply Chain Business Improvement Manager.
Newmont Goldcorp Corporation, based in Greenwood Village, Colorado, USA, is an American mining company that traces its roots to the diversified holding company William Boyce Thompson established in 1916. Incorporated in 1921, it has active gold mines in Nevada, Australia, Ghana, Peru, and Suriname.
- Company: Newmont Goldcorp Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Koforidua
- Job type: Full-Time
- This is a highly matrixed and global position. In addition to the direct reporting line into the Sr. Director of Supply Chain and Governance role located in Denver and the matrix reporting line into the Regional Supply Chain Director, this role will work closely with the Regional Supply Chain functional team, cross-functional Regional stakeholders (impacted by the Supplier Risk Management Process Framework), and with the Regional Supply Chain Improvement Leads in other regions. This role is critical in providing the following:
- Supply Chain Regional Program Management (Leadership & Ownership)
- Governance of the Supplier Risk Management process Framework and first point of Regional escalation for all issues
- Ownership of key Supply Chain functional business processes critical to the overall performance of the Regional supply chain department.
- Process improvement, standardization, and optimization (people, process, and technology – including SAP)
- Strategic Advisement to the Supply Chain Regional Director(s) including reporting and analytics of key business processes.
- This role may have up to 1 or 2 direct reports, depending on regional requirements. Indirect reports (including contractors/consultants on larger projects) will be more common.
- The purpose of this role is to provide Regional Supply Chain Program Management, ownership of critical functional business processes, development and execution of continuous improvement initiatives, strategic advice to the Regional Director, and Regional Supply Chain data ownership.
- This role must work closely with the regional functional managers to provide support of regional initiatives and the functional supply chain roadmap. This role focuses on continuing to evolve the maturity levels within the Region and finding ways to continue to drive value to the business.
- Services to the region include (but are not limited to) building, implementing, and maintaining a management operating system (MOS) to manage key processes/ programs globally and within the region, owning key process support, special project support, and reporting and analysis. In addition, this role is a key contributor and strategic advisor to the Regional Supply Chain Director
- Actively demonstrate the Newmont values of Safety, Integrity, Sustainability, Inclusion, and responsibility at all times.
Supply Chain Regional Program Management (Leadership & Ownership)
- This role is accountable for building, implementing, and maintaining a management operating system (MOS) to manage key Supply Chain Programs and Processes.
- In close coordination with the global team, develop, implement, and maintain standard dashboards, processes, RACI’s, program charters, reporting, analytics, etc…
- Utilizing the standard MOS developed, this role is accountable to build, then ultimately own and manage critical Supply Chain processes.
- This role will be accountable to lead all Supply Chain projects, using the global MOS framework focused on managing projects closely and ensuring timelines, budgets, and deliverables are achieved.
Supplier Risk Management Process & Governance
- Act as Governance resource for the Supplier Risk Management process Framework and first point of Regional escalation for all issues
Strategy and Supply Chain Functional Business Process
- This role should function as the Supply Chain Regional Director’s “right hand” employee, providing analysis of functional performance and strategic advice while executing on assigned deliverables (either program/project specific or sustaining functional
- Provide specialized advice and support to the respective business areas when evaluating technology solutions to optimize or streamline business functions and/or resolve operational problems.
- In coordination with the Regional Director and Supply Chain Improvement and Governance in Denver, develop and execute a 3 year strategic roadmap (including people, process and technology).
- Provide Supply Chain deep subject matter expertise to all relevant business units in conducting complex and advanced functional application support.
- This role governs the Regional Master Data and acts as the “Regional Data Owner” for Supply Chain working closely with the Global Master Data Management Organization in Denver ensuring that the standardized data management principles are enforced.
- Act a backup for specific P2P processes (as required by the region)
- Works closely with regional functional managers and P2P team to ensure super user network is maintained, providing input into on-boarding processes to ensure the super user network knowledge base is not only maintained in number but also in system knowledge and business process knowledge.
Process Improvement Innovation and Analytics
- Be the regional lead to drive supply chain innovation, process improvement with people and technology
- Provide regional critical analytical support for supply chain reporting
- Drive automation within the Procure to Pay process where necessary.
- Leverage a strong understanding of supply chain to help drive effective integration and value creation.
Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Training & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant Business (Supply Chain Management preferred), Engineering, or IT field
- The successful candidate will demonstrate deep subject matter expertise in Supply Chain and related business processes supported, as well as expertise in the use and support of the related ERP (SAP) modules, methods and procedures.
- Experience in process and data governance or display the ability to build this understanding.
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and problem solving skills are required.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify and analyze organizational needs.
- Strong PC skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience or 11 years’ equivalent combination of education and experience. Mining, construction, utilities or other heavy industry experience is preferred.
- Mining experience is preferred.
- Advanced communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated high analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Strong computer skills using office software such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Visio.
- Database administration.
- Decision making.
- Education and training.
- Entrepreneurial skills.
- Events management.
- Financial analysis skills.
- Interviewing and keeping minutes.
- Networking and relationship management.
- Performance and programme management.
- Presentation skills.
- Proposal writing.
- Risk and quality management.
- Research and reporting skills
- Supply Chain management.
- Systems administration and management.
- Time Management.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should Click here to apply.