Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Mojaloop Foundation Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Mojaloop Foundation recently welcomed The Interledger Foundation (ILF) as our newest Sponsor Member. Like the Mojaloop Foundation, ILF is focused on increasing financial inclusion and will be working with the community to help advance our mission of enabling digital financial services for all. To learn more about the organization and its involvement with Mojaloop, we sat down with Briana Marbury, CEO of the Interledger Foundation.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Solutions Specialist
Technical Solutions Specialist
The Mojaloop Foundation’s mission is to increase financial inclusion by empowering organizations creating interoperable payments systems to enable digital financial services for all. Through advocacy, community development, and hands-on engagement, the Foundation supports the adoption of Mojaloop, an open-source software that serves as a reference model for creating interoperable payments platforms connecting all digital financial providers and customers, especially the financially excluded
We are recruiting a Technical Solutions Lead to drive in-market engagements across Sub-Saharan Africa. This is an exciting position, playing a key role in driving the adoption of Mojaloop and addressing the critical challenges faced by local underserved populations. Accompanied by a deep understanding of national payment systems, the right candidate will be comfortable identifying and engaging with governments, banks, financial institutions, and other payment system stakeholders across SSA, gathering requirements and leading the technical design of Mojaloop deployments.
- Interview leadership stakeholders such as central banks, hub operators, and FSPs to understand their requirements and map those requirements onto Mojaloop capabilities
- Develop requirements documents for national payment systems to build project plans and scopes of work for adopters to procure products and service for their Mojaloop deployment
- Present all technical aspects of Mojaloop to central banks, hub operators and FSPs during the business development process
- Assess technical market readiness for Mojaloop of all stakeholders including central banks, hub operators and FSPs
- Assess system integrators for capacity to implement and maintain Mojaloop and for training requirements
- Develop technical marketing documents and presentations for central banks, hub operators and FSPs
- Ensure that public facing technical documents including Github documentation, Mojaloop Training Courses, and other presentations are updated and follow market-aligned language.
- Assist potential adopting countries to understand resources required to implement, maintain and upgrade their Mojaloop
- Understand technical questions and concerns about Mojaloop from potential adopters and be able to answer questions and document answers in technical papers, presentations, and blogs
Skills & Qualifications
- Banking and mobile money experience in Sub-Saharan Africa highly desirable
- Must have excellent knowledge of National Payment Schemes and instant payment systems, including deeps understanding of considerations
- Ability to communicate about technical subjects with non-technical, board level customers and stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of the use of enterprise software systems for business-critical functions, ideally in financials but other domains may be applicable.
- Strong understanding of Internet protocols such as HTTP(s) and related security elements e.g. encryption, TLS, x.509, PKI etc.
- Demonstrated ability to write technical documentation to a high standard for a variety of audiences both technical and non-technical.
- Strong understanding of and experience working under various software development lifecycle paradigms such as agile, scrum, kanban, waterfall etc…
- Comfortable working with software lifecycle tools such as source code control (git), integrated development environments
- Ability to use and maintain bash scripts.
- Passion for the positive social impact of financial inclusion and how sovereign Inclusive IPSs can help achieve
- Fluency in English, whilst French language skills will be an advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicant should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 28th September 2023