Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for MainOne Recruitment 2021.
MainOne is a leading provider of innovative telecom services and network solutions for businesses in West Africa. Our world-class submarine cable system running down the coast of West Africa, state-of-the-art IP NGN network, growing regional and metro terrestrial fiber-optic networks, and data center facilities enable broadband services for businesses needing solutions in West Africa. Our network is interconnected and peers with leading operators and internet exchanges worldwide to provide global
reach to our customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Data Center Facility/BMS Engineer (Level 1)
The Data Centre Facility & BMS Engineer will be responsible for troubleshooting and fixing of day-to-day operational problems pertaining to Access Control, VMS (Visitor Management System), Fire Alarm systems, CCTV issues, VESDA, & BMS. Other responsibilities shall include the following:
- Monitoring and reporting of All Electrical systems (Energy Meters, UPS, PDU, Feeders & Transformers) Reading and Consumption Daily, Weekly and Monthly. Preparation and Submission of Daily, Weekly and Monthly Reports.
- First level troubleshooting and resolution of Mechanical and Electrical related faults relating to Generators, Chillers, HPAC/CRAC units, secondary Pumps, Extractor fans, UPS, AVR etc.
- Power provisioning for customers – Installation of PDMs, PDUs and customer ATS.
- Plan & execute all preventive maintenance schedules.
- Maintain adequate records for undergoing operational audits both internal as well as external.
- Facility Infrastructure routine check- daily weekly, Monthly.
- Accurate and prompt daily reporting on electrical/mechanical infrastructure within the data center campus
- Facility vendor/Contractor supervision.
- Organize and manage all facility housekeeping (Cleaning of offices and critical environments) through a janitorial service vendor/domestic support staff.
- B-Eng. Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- ITIL Ver 4.0 and any relevant Facility Management qualification will be added advantage
Demands of the Job
Ability and willingness to work efficiently with or without supervision.