Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for mothers2mothers (m2m) Recruitment 2020.
mothers2mothers (m2m) is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to preventing mother-to-child transmission of HIV by providing education and support for pregnant women and new mothers living with HIV. mothers2mothers believes in the power of women to eliminate pediatric AIDS and create health and hope for themselves and their babies, families, and communities.
- Company: Mothers2mothers
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: RMNCH/ECD Project Officer
M2m Ghana is implementing an Integrated RMNCH/ECD program in two regions in Ghana working Facility Sites in Ghana. m2m Ghana seeks a Project Officer who will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, implementation and monitoring of direct and e-service delivery of PMTCT and ECD activities at two m2m project site(s) including health facilities and community geolocations. The project officer will directly manage site staff (Facility and Community Mentor Mothers) and ensure that direct service delivery activities meet established quality standards.
The project officer will directly manage site staff (Facility and Community Mentor Mothers) and ensure that Mentor Mothers have the support they need and the direct delivery of program activities meet established quality standards.
Key Performance Areas
• Provide supportive supervision, technical support, and mentorship to Facility and Community Mentor Mothers (site staff) on m2m RMNCH/PMTCT and ECD programme standards.
• Based on identified quality gaps, initiate the development of relevant standard operating procedures (SOPs) and improvement plans for RMNCH/PMTCT and ECD programme implementation.
• Plan and coordinate site staff recruitments for replacements and new projects.
• In consultation with site staff, plan and coordinate site-based programme activities e.g. community dialogues, community-based HIV psychosocial support groups, parenting information playgroup sessions, etc.
• Plan and coordinate donor, head office personnel, Ministry of Health, and other implementing partner site visits.
Monitoring and Evaluation
• Collaborate and support SI Officer to ensure data and reporting quality.
• Support the site-level use of m2m quality improvement and strategic management tools, both paper and electronic.
• Data entry of programme data generated monthly at the health facility level.
• Conduct data quality audits on a month-to-month basis in DHIS2 as per existing Standard Operating Procedures.
• Extract data from DHIS2 for report writing and programme performance reviews when required.
• Together with site staff, jointly and routinely review Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement (QA/QI) programme performance reports and institute remedial actions to address any QA/QI issues, with a focus on Early Infant Diagnosis (EID) testing, Active Client Follow-Up (ACFU).
• Support routine programme evaluation activities as required.
• Conduct site-level routine supportive supervision, mentorship and monitoring activities on both programme and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) functions with support from the Strategic Information Officer.
• Contribute relevant information for compilation of project reports.
Training and Capacity Building
• Conduct training needs assessments.
• Planning and coordination of pre-service and in-service training
• Co-facilitate pre-service and in-service pieces of training
• Provide ongoing mentorship to site staff on usage of mHealth applications i.e. CommCare App1 and App2.
Human Resource Management
• Line management of site staff, including performance appraisals, approval and tracking of annual leaves, etc.
• Live and promote m2m values including integrity, honesty, dedication, empathy, compassion and teamwork among m2m staff.
• Prepare purchase requisitions for programme related materials (M&E tools, site supplies, etc.)
• Ensure prudent use of m2m’s resources at project sites.
• Note-taking and filing of minutes of programme related meetings.
• Monitor and report on any safety and security-related incidents involving site staff, e.g. muggings, etc.
Stakeholder Engagement and Representation
• Develop and periodically update the stakeholder matrix.
• Support the Technical Specialist to manage external relationships with Ghana Health Services, Ministry of Health, Ministry of Gender Children and Social Protection Department of Social Welfare (National, Regional and District), Local CSOs and other stakeholders where required.
• On occasion, represent m2m Ghana at the facility, district, a regional and national level technical meetings and forums.
• Perform any other duties as assigned by the line manager.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree or its equivalent in Health Sciences (Clinical Medicine, Nursing, Environmental Health, Public Health) or Psychological Counselling
• Minimum of five years’ field experience in public health work with a focus on HIV/AIDS programming, Early Childhood Development (ECD), Reproductive Maternal Newborn and Child Health (RMNCH) andPrevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT), or
• Strong technical knowledge of RMNCH including the PMTCT Cascade and its Protocols
• Technical knowledge in Early Childhood Development and mechanisms for strengthening caregiver knowledge on the same
• Experience with managing staff, especially community health workers.
• Experience in quality assurance and quality improvement
• Experience in data management, including data entry and extraction of reports
• Experience with mobile health (mHealth) applications especially Commcare would be an advantage.
• Ability to lead, motivate, mentor and coach team.
• Ability to work well under pressure, manage multiple tasks and meet tight/competing deadlines independently with sound decision making.
• Self-motivated, analytical skills, team player and results-oriented.
• Inclusion/Diversity skills and ability to work with HIV-affected Populations
• Flexibility and willingness to learn
• Team Playing skills
• Excellent communication and writing skills.
• Ability to simplify and communicate technical issues for lay health cadres.
• Computer literate (MS Office Suite).
• Fluency in English and local languages of the area: Krobo, Ga, Twi and Dangbe would be an asset
Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.
How to Apply
To submit your application, click on the link below and complete all relevant fields on the online application form. Click Here To Apply Online
Application Deadline: 14th August 2020.
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Visit www.m2m.org to get more knowledge or information.