Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Kinross Gold Corporation Recruitment 2020.
Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold and silver mining company founded in 1993 and headquartered in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Kinross currently operates eight active gold mines and was ranked fourth of the “10 Top Gold-mining Companies” of 2017 by InvestNews.
- Company: Kinross Gold Corporation
- Location: Ghana
- State: Kumasi
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Underground General Foreman, Electrical
To ensure the efficient supervision and control of Underground Electrical Maintenance by allocating and managing resources (people and equipment) to attain production and engineering objectives.
- Maintain harmonious working environment with colleagues and direct reports
- Facilitate organizational and leadership effort to resolve employee relations issues
- Identify succession role requirements and high potential talent, and actively develop key talent.
- Set performance targets and measure, monitor, and manage overall performance of your direct reports.
- Responsible for conducting performance evaluations, recommending promotions, and carrying out corrective actions as needed.
- Be responsible for the performance of subordinates
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness
- Maintain production goals and objectives as a team
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensures safety at each work place
- Promote cross-cultural relations and understanding
- Practice and promote company environmental, health, safety and operational policies and procedures
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement program
- Train team members in all areas of major responsibility to promote succession planning
- Perform periodical and scheduled inspection programs to maintain CGML Underground assets and infrastructure according to established mine maintenance and engineering standards and keep them in a good condition.
- Plan and organize maintenance jobs safely and within a budget
- Execute the planned jobs according to priorities and the availability of equipment and in accordance with Kinross / CGML work management practices.
- Distribute maintenance and repair jobs to Underground Electrical Maintenance supervisors and technicians
- Assist in training new employees by providing instruction on procedures; familiarize new employees with operations and review work assignments in order to orient employee and optimize performance.
- Diagnose and replace faulty electrical and electronic systems, units and components of machines and equipment
- Install and repair electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of mining machinery and equipment
- Plan new or modified installations to minimize waste of materials, provide access for future maintenance, and avoid unsightly, hazardous, and unreliable wiring, consistent with specifications and local codes
- Prepare sketches showing location of wiring and equipment, or follows diagrams or blueprints
- Plan layout of wiring and installs wiring, conduit, and electrical apparatus
- Efficiently perform preventive, breakdown, project, refurbishment repairs and assign electrical maintenance staff according to work requirements and priorities.
- In case of accidents, perform survey, report accident as per existing policy, proceed for repair, and then issue a report-with photos whenever required.
- Report difficulties faced in his shift, deficiencies in staff performance and propose necessary suggestions to overcome them and improve staff skills
- Supervise maintenance and repair works directly or through supervisors, communicate correct procedures and assign duties as required
- Assist in training of CGML Engineering Staff as required. Ensure that Contractors are performing according to contractual obligations with CGML
- Prepare the regular and necessary reports as required
- Open, review and close Work Orders in JDE, prepare Purchase Requisitions and estimates
- Perform Root Cause Analysis of failures
- Coordinate with the planning section to set / review required maintenance / repair plans, maintenance schedules and strategies
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by your supervisor in accordance with the Company’s policies
Education and Experience
- College Degree/Diploma in Electrical Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Certificate of competency as an Underground Electrical Supervisor.
- Valid driver’s license, defensive driving skills with ability to drive underground.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years working experience in an underground mining environment
- Expatriate experience would be an asset
- Ability to planning priorities with contractors and Government Authorities.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prepare estimates, tender document specifications for any mechanical works and analysis of offers
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications including word, excel, power-point and outlook.
- Ability to perform general administrative and supervisory duties to fulfil the requirements of position
- Flexibility with the ability to multi-task with strong time management skills.
- Valid driver’s license
- Management skills with ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all direct reports
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.