Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for IntraHealth International Recruitment 2023/2024.
IntraHealth International is a non-profit organization based in Chapel Hill, North Carolina, U.S.A. dedicated to working with developing countries to improve their public health capabilities.
Job Title: Finance and Operations (F&O) Director
IntraHealth International is currently seeking a Finance and Operations (F&O) Director for an upcoming Ghana Health Program project that aims to increase access, utilization, and quality of maternal and child health, family planning, malaria, and nutrition services to reduce preventable maternal, newborn, and child deaths in northern Ghana.
The F&O Director will ensure that the activity is complying with all USAID rules and regulations and satisfies on a timely basis all of USAID’s financial reporting requirements. The position will oversee financial assistants located at the regional level, as well as at the central level. The F&O Director will ensure systems and procedures are in place for the operation of the project in a strong financial control environment, including overseeing effective cash management, vendor payments, budgeting and forecasting, procurement, property and grants management, and other financial tasks. The F&O Director will also provide overall supervision and leadership to the operations team. Ghanaian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Provide financial management and administration of the cooperative agreement and management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities in line with USAID and IntraHealth guidelines.
- Ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to USAID, including project expenditure analysis.
- Oversee financial controls, operational systems, and compliance activities for the project and with partners.
- Lead partner and sub-grant engagement and management process.
- Oversee partner and sub-grant cycles from pre-award to close-out, including solicitation processes, pre-award, award, monitoring, and close-out of sub-grant based on donor regulations, policies, and procedures.
- Respond, as needed, to issues that arise, including but not limited to financial reporting, issuing modifications, oversight of compliance with terms and conditions and resolution of disputes, and resolving any audit (financial and performance) findings.
- Provide capacity-building support to partners and sub-grantees as needed.
- Oversee project operations, procurement, logistics, and supply chain support for project supplies, commodities, and equipment.
- Ensure HR and performance management systems and procedures are in place, well documented, and adhered to.
- Led project budget development for annual work planning and ad hoc budget requests.
- Supervise administrative, operations, and financial and grants staff.
- Master’s degree or higher in accounting, finance, commerce, operations, or related field; ACCA or CPA certificate is strongly preferred.
- Minimum of eight years of experience in a similar financial management and operations role supporting USAID or other donor activities in developing countries.
- Experience with budgeting and financial reporting requirements of multi-million dollar (in excess of $5 million per year) USAID-funded activities and supervising finance and operations staff.
- Strong knowledge of USG-approved accounting practices, financial reporting standards, and financial management processes.
- Demonstrated experience managing a complex, small grants program.
- Experience in capacity building of local partners and sub-grantees in financial accounting and sustainability.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and English language oral presentation skills.
Ability to travel up to 25% within the country. International travel is possible.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 15th July 2023