The Early Career Fellowship offers unparalleled access to world-class experts, including American University’s Professor Dr. Laura DeNardis and eminent scholars from the Oxford Internet Institute, as well as project management, advocacy and diplomacy know-how that will provide the foundation for the Fellows to become the future champions of the Internet.
A cohort of 15 Fellows is selected twice a year to participate in the 24-week program. Fellows will be able to develop their knowledge and skills through seminars, events, courses, discussion sessions and project work. They will also have networking, mentoring, and collaboration opportunities. The program culminates in a final project presentation by each fellow at a closing symposium.
Internet Society Early Career Fellowship Eligibility
Candidates must be early career professionals working in the Internet ecosystem in a technical, policy, economic, or social capacity who have initiated or are interested in projects designed to grow and/or strengthen the Internet.
Candidates with the following are welcome to apply:
- An undergraduate/vocational degree and at least two years of work experience in an Internet-related field; OR at least four years of working experience in an Internet-related field;
- An exciting project proposal for growing and/or strengthening the Internet;
- Reliable access to broadband Internet connection and relevant device;
- Availability to fully participate in the 24-week experience;
- Proficiency in verbal and written English.
To apply, applicants must:
- Commit a minimum of six hours per week for coursework, seminars, individual project work, and other program activities;
- Complete the required 24 weeks;
- Attend all required seminars or sessions and manage time zone differences;
- Become Internet Society members.
Value of Award:
- Fellows will have access to some of the Internet luminaries, today’s leading thinkers and organizations, while getting direct support to nurture their professional growth.
- As a Fellow, you’ll learn leadership, communications, and advocacy and project management skills – empowering you to bring your ideas to life.
Duration of Award: 24 weeks
How to Apply for Internet Society Early Career Fellowship
The Early Career Fellowship is only available to Internet Society members. Not a member yet? Take just a few minutes to become a member.
After becoming a member of the Internet Society, candidates must complete the Online Application Form.
Candidates are reviewed confidentially through a multi-step evaluation process by the selection committee. The committee attempts to achieve professional, geographical, and gender diversity in the overall selection.
Interested in applying for a fellowship? Watch the recording of the webinar to learn more!
For more information, visit the Internet Society Early Career Fellowship.
Application Deadline: 11th April 2021