Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for IDreamConsortium Recruitment for Senior Civil Structural Engineer. IDreamConsortium Recruitment application deadline is 15th December 2018.
- Company: IDreamConsortium
- Location: Ghana
- State: International
- Job type: Full-Time
Responsibilities of Job Position
- Basic engineering design and calculation reports
- Technical Clarifications and Bid Evaluation Reports
- Equipment Cost, Qty and/or Weight estimations
- Interface with other disciplines
- Vendor Data Review/Approval / Review Manufacturer Data Report (MDR)
- Inspection assistance (which will include own Technical Analyses of test results)
- Ability to solve site related issues / Support to Technical Queries (TQ’s)
- Possess relevant qualification and knowledge, professional experience, good professional judgment, responsive and pro-active in the execution of the project, and the ability to handle different situations
- Produce Quality Engineering deliverables/engineering service and meeting Client expectation
- Able to support the achievement of project milestone/schedule and business goals
- Fulfil QA /HSE aspects, with acceptable team-works
- Ability to Lead/coach/guide young engineers in their future professional development
- Designs construction projects by studying project concept, architectural drawings, and models.
- Prepares engineering design by collecting and studying reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photographs and tests on soil composition, terrain, hydrological characteristics, and related topographical and geologic data.
- Determines project costs by calculating labour, material, and related costs.
- Prepares feasibility study by analyzing engineering design; conducting environmental impact studies; assembling data.
- Prepares engineering documents by developing construction specifications, plans, and schedules.
- Confirms adherence to construction specifications and safety standards by monitoring project progress; inspecting construction site; verifying calculations and placements.
- Fulfils project requirements by training and guiding operators.
- Maintains operations by enforcing project and operational policies and procedures.
- Provides engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains project data base by writing computer programs; entering data; completing backups.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate shall possess a recognized Degree in Civil / Structural Engineering (B.E. Hons or equivalent), Second-class upper (or first class) and be fluent in professional English (oral and written) with good communication skills.
He/she shall possess at least 5 years design experience or a minimum of 10 years field experience in alumina refinery or heavy industry. In addition, having at least 2 years of experience in EPC Contracting work will be an advantage, including adequate Site and Test-Witness experience,
Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet).
HeShe shall have the ability to utilize a CAD package such as Corel Cad, Micro-station or similar commercially available software.
He/she shall be able to work independently with the ability to Lead a team of Engineers for related BU projects
Heshe shall be able to produce Engineering specifications, perform Equipment selection in fast-track environments and conduct technical clarification meetings with potential Bidders
Be thorough with the standards and good engineering or industry best practices. He shall have a solid familiarity with applicable relevant international codes such as API, ASME/ANSI , NFPA, NACE, EN and ISO.
He/She must possess detailed knowledge of his field and able to perform technical audit / Pre-qualification meeting at Vendor’s premises as required.
Ability to train and mentor junior engineers.
- Ability to sit, stand, and/or walk as applicable in support of required duties.
NOTE: ALL APPLICANTS SHOULD HAVE A TRAVELLING PASSPORT AND BE AWARE THAT ITS AN EXPATRIATE JOB.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified Candidates should CLICK HERE to Send CV and supporting documents.