Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Green for Change Ghana Recruitment 2022.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: ABBAT Field Enumerator
Green for Change Ghana in partnership with Ranas Ltd. (a Switzerland-based company with expertise in behavior change) has received partial funding from the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) to implement a scientific research project named “Addressing Behavioral Barriers Associated with Tree Planting (ABBAT)”.
This ABBAT initiative aims at exploring the psychosocial and cultural barriers associated with tree planting and forest protection within the Mole Landscape and developing effective solutions for addressing them. The project is currently planning to conduct a baseline study to establish the current situation on landscape restoration before the implementation of the project.
About the Position
The data collectors will conduct all qualitative and quantitative data collection activities. The selected data collectors will be expected to administer survey questionnaires, conduct pretest activities using non-study participants for finetuning discussion guides and questionnaires, hold daily debriefs, reporting to the supervisor and the ABBAT project team on the status of the survey. They will also be expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Participate in a 3-4-day data collection training to review protocol.
- Administer surveys to research participants in assigned communities.
- Conduct daily field debriefs and reports to the field supervisor and ABBAT project team
- Perform data integrity checks and follow up with any discrepancies as appropriate.
- Maintain organization and tracking of all information and data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Informed Consent, Confidentiality, and Privacy
The data collectors will be responsible for obtaining informed consent from each study participant. They would also be responsible for maintaining confidentiality and privacy before, during, and after the conduct of the study. The informed consent form should explain that the study is funded by SDC and that the de-identified dataset will be uploaded into a data library to be viewed by authorized researchers.
Location for collection of data:
- West Gonja Municipality, Savannah Region
- Sawla/Tuna/Kalba District, Savannah Region
- Wa East District, Upper West Region
Required Skills or Experience
- HND or bachelor’s degree in social sciences, statistics, or other developmental studies with at least 2 years of relevant research data collection/supervision experience.
- Should have experience in quantitative and/or qualitative field research
- Should be familiar with Computer Assisted Interview (CAI) or keen to learn
- Familiarity with administering interviews using SurveyCTO or Kobocollect is an added advantage.
- Previous work experience as a data collector with local or international NGOs including research institutions is strongly preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and at least one local language of the operation area (Gonja, Dagaare, or Vagla)
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have access to a smartphone.
- Demonstrate effective interpersonal communication skills and good team spirit.
- Able and willing to walk long distances during data collection and able to work under minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their Cover letter and CV documents in a single document in PDF only with three (3) professional referees to: [email protected]
with the subject heading “ABBAT Field Enumerator”
NB: Given the anticipated volume of submissions, only highly qualified candidates will be contacted.