Applications are open for interested Ghanaian postgraduate students for the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship 2020/2021 to study abroad.
The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship is a highly selective full scholarship offered to Ghanaians to further their studies abroad. The awards are for masters and PhD studies.
GNPC Foreign Scholarships Eligibility
- Applicant must be Ghanaian.
- Preferred study areas are Mathematics, Science, Technology, Engineering, Special-needs education.
- Have obtained admission to undertake a masters or PhD program.
- Must hold a first degree of at least second-class upper (for Masters applicant), and a relevant postgraduate qualification (for PhD applicant).
- Be permanently resident in Ghana.
- Be available to start your academic studies by the start of the academic year you are applying.
- Not pursuing a PhD or Masters degree at the time of application.
- Applicants holding offer from Tuition free universities are highly preferable
Value of Scholarship
Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare to and from your home country to the country of study and back after studies.
- Approved tuition fees
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Book Allowance
- One-time Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Dissertation allowance
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved.
How to Apply for GNPC Foreign Scholarships
Interested applicants need to fill out the application form not later than the date stated above and must attach the following documents.
- A Curriculum Vitae and list of publications (PhD applicants).
- Copy of Passport biodata page
- Letters of recommendation from home institution and company – Letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead.
- Proposal (PhD applicants).
- Letter of acceptance from the host institution.
- Academic Certificates
- National Service Certificate
N.B Keep a printout of the completed application form.
For more information, visit the GNPC Foreign Scholarships.