Applications are open for interested Ghanaian postgraduate students for the Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship 2021/2022 to study abroad.
The Ghana National Petroleum Corporation’s (GNPC) Foreign Scholarship is a highly selective full scholarship offered to Ghanaians to further their studies abroad. The awards are for masters and Ph.D. studies.
GNPC Foreign Scholarships Eligibility
- The applicant must be a Ghanaian.
- He/she must have obtained admission to undertake a masters or PhD program.
- He/she must hold a first degree of at least second-class upper (for master’s applicants), and a relevant postgraduate qualification (for PhD applicants).
- He/she must be available to start your academic studies by the start of the academic year for which you seek sponsorship.
- The applicant must not be pursuing a PhD or Master’s degree at the time of application.
Value of Scholarship
Each scholarship provides:
A limited number of awards will be given for the year 2021. Each scholarship provides:
- Approved tuition fees (where applicable)
- Stipend (living allowance)
- Book Allowance
- One-time warm clothing allowance (where applicable)
- Provision towards the cost of fieldwork undertaken overseas (usually the cost of one economy class return airfare to your fieldwork location), where approved.
- Approved airfare from your home country to the country of study.
How to Apply for GNPC Foreign Scholarships
Interested applicants need to fill out the application form on the GNPC website from 19th – 25th July, 2021. The required documents are as follows
- Admission Letter
- Degree Certificate (depending on level of study)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letters of recommendation from home institution and company – Letter must be signed and on the institution letterhead.
- Research Proposal (not exceeding 5 pages)
- Passport picture
- National Service Certificate
Interviews are slated for 2nd – 6th August 2021.
N.B Keep a printout of the completed application form.
- Applicants seeking sponsorship for online studies are ineligible.
- There will be no in-person interviews this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic and its related safety protocols.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
Priority will be given to:
- Persons pursuing courses in Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, and special needs programs.
- Applicants holding offer from Tuition-free universities.
- Lecturers of public Tertiary Institutions
- Persons with disability.
You may contact the Foundation on (030-297 5847) for any queries and further information.
Application Deadline: 25th July, 2021.