The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat invites applications from Ghanaians with Science background for the above-mentioned scholarship tenable in Germany.
The aim of the programme is to strengthen the bond between Ghana and Germany.
The DAAD is represented in Ghana through the DAAD Information Center in Accra. With a DAAD-funded Center of Excellence at the University of Ghana a bilateral Government Scholarship PhD Programme.
Course Level: The programme is available to pursue doctoral training.
Study Subject: The programme is awarded in the field of Science.
Scholarship Award: The programme will cover the following:
- Doctoral Training Programme
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen resident in Ghana.
- Must be a teaching staff of a Public or accredited private Tertiary University or Polytechnic.
- Be a first Degree holder with 2nd Class Upper division or First Class
- Must hold Master’s degree equivalent to B+ grade or above
- Should have a National Service certificate
- The Master’s degree generally should not be more than six (6) years at the last time of graduation.
- Should not be more than 45 years
- Should be willing to learn the German Language
Nationality: Ghanaian applicants are eligible for the programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have master degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have fluency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply by post
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (not more than 10 pages) including a detailed timetable.
- Should have secured admission to a recognized German University and develop the research proposal with a would-be German Supervisor.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 31, 2017.