The Ghana Education Service(GES) has released the single and double track academic calendar for SHS 1 students for the 2022/2023 academic year.
Management of the Ghana Education Service(GES) welcomes all first-year students as school opens officially on Monday 7th February 2022.
As per the new academic calendar, first year students in some schools will run a doubletrack calendar. Even though they are all reopening together, the management of the various schools will inform students of their various tracks whiles on campus. The list of double track schools will be uploaded on the official website of the Ghana Education Service (www.ges.gov.gh) in due course.
DOUBLE TRACK CALENDAR
The first year double-track schools will observe the following calendar:
Form 3 – 7th February 2022 to 1st April 2022
- 1st Session – 7th February 2022 to 14th April 2022
- 2nd Session – 26th June 2022 to 16th July 2022
- 1st Session – 4th April 2022 to 20th June 2022
- 2nd Session – 4th September to 24th September 2022
Form 3 – 19th April 2022 – Until End of WASSCE
- 1st Session – 17th July 2022 to 26th August 2022
- 2nd Session – 7th October to 16th December 2022
- 1st Session – 25th September 2022 to 16th December 2022
Double Track Vacation Dates
Form 3 – 2nd April 2022 to 18th April 2022
- 1st Session – 15th April 2022 to 25th June 2022
- 2nd Session – 2nd semester begins no break
- 1st Session – 21st June to 3rd September 2022
- 2nd Session – 2nd Semester begins no break
SINGLE TRACK CALENDAR
It must be noted that not all schools will run double track. In light of this, the single-track schools will observe the following calendar for the years:
Form 3 – 7th February to 1st June 2022
Form 2 – 7th February to 17th May 2022
Form 1 – 4th April to 14th July 2022.
Form 3 – 14th June to Until End of WASSCE
Form 2 – 14th June to 1st November 2022
Form 1 – 16th August to 13th December 2022
Single Track Vacation Dates
Form 3 – 1st June to 13th June 2022
Form 2 – 18th May to 13th June 2022
Form 1 – 15th July to 15th August 2022
Management takes the opportunity to advise the first years t study hard and eschew all forms of social vices. Be mindful of the adherence to COVID-19 protocols put in place and do not hesitate to contact school authorities should there be any challenge.
The management wishes you all the best of the season.