French CERDI PhD Scholarships 2022/2025: The CERDI (Centre d’Etudes et de Recherches sur le Développement International) offers several three-year scholarships for a PhD thesis in economics.
The CERDI thesis proposal should be related to development economics, the domain of the CERDI. The department encourages proposals related to the following themes, which are ranked according to the priorities set by the department for this year and are associated to the list of potential supervisors:
- Development microeconomics (poverty, inequality, gender economics, economics of education, health economics).
- Development microeconomics (public finance, monetary economics, exchange rate policies, customs administration).
- Environmental and ecological economics (deforestation, agricultural economics and adaptation to climate change, circular economy).
- International economics (trade, foreign direct investments and international migration flows).
Thesis proposals that will also address the interplay between one of the four topics and natural disasters will be particularly appreciated (see the Scientific Challenge 4 of the CAP 2025 project).
The scholarship will begin in October 2022. The selected candidates will be affiliated to the CERDI and to the Ecole Doctorale SEJPG (Sciences Economiques, Juridiques, Politiques et de Gestion).
How to Apply for French CERDI PhD Scholarships
Applications should be sent using the form ” PhD scholarships at CERDI” before May 15, 2022.
The application must include:
- Grade transcripts (undergraduate and graduate level).
- Curriculum vitae
- A letter of motivation
- Two references (to be included in the CV)
- A detailed research project of up to 4 pages; this project should demonstrate the ability of the candidate to address the proposed research questions
- (Optional): Second-year master thesis.
For more information, visit the French CERDI PhD Scholarships.
Application deadline: 15th May 2022