ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes:
- Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP)
- ETH Departmental Scholarship (ETH-D)
ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship
ETH Zurich supports excellent students wishing to pursue a Master’s degree at ETH with two scholarship programmes.
The Excellence Scholarship & Opportunity Programme (ESOP) supports students with a scholarship, mentorship and a network of the ETH Foundation. The scholarship covers the full study and living costs during the Master’s degree course.
The ETH-D Scholarship contains a partial stipend as well as additional offers by the Department (assistantship or additional scholarship).
ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship Eligibility
- The scholarship programmes are open to excellent students (national and international) wishing to pursue their Master’s degree at ETH Zurich.
- There is only one application process for both Master scholarship programmes.
– very good result in Bachelor’s degree programme (top 10% of Bachelor’s degree programme = grade A)
– Reachability under the specified telephone number in your CV (the selection process includes a (Skype) interview in February)
Worth of Scholarship
- The Excellence Scholarship consists of a grant covering living and study expenses (CHF 11,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters). It is awarded independently of the scholarship holder’s financial situation.
- The Master Scholarship consists of a partial stipend for living and study expenses (CHF 6,000 per semester) as well as a tuition fee waiver. The department can additionally provide a scholarship of CHF 1,500 – 3,000 per semester or offer an assistantship from the second semester onwards (with a payment of CHF 600 per month).
Duration of Scholarship: The scholarship begins when the student commences his or her Master’s degree and is awarded for the regular duration of the Master’s programme (three or four semesters).
How to Apply for ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship
- Application form (will be available for the next application period)
- ESOP letter of motivation (1-2 pages)
- Pre-proposal for your Master’s thesis (see guidelines on how to write a pre-proposal (PDF, 70 KB))
- Two reference letters from professors
Reference letters must be submitted with the Master application online.
ETH students continuing a consequtive Master programme add the reference letters in closed envelopes to their ESOP application.
All information provided in the application must be complete, correct and handled in by time (15 December). The pre-proposal for the Master’s thesis must be developed by yourself and use established scientific citation practice.
Plagiarism, negligent or intentional misinformation will lead to exclusion from the admission process or – if discovered later – to the revocation of the admission and of any scholarship.
If you are applying for more than one Master’s programme, please submit a separate application form for each degree programme.
External applicants must also apply for a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich.
If you are already enrolled in a Master’s degree programme at ETH Zurich, you are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
For more information, visit the ETH Zurich Excellence Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019