Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Esoko Recruitment 2021.
Esoko is an agricultural profiling and messaging service. It is a response to the explosive growth of cellular services in Africa. Managed on the web and delivered via mobile, individuals, agribusiness, government and projects use Esoko to collect and send out market data using simple text messaging.
- Company: Esoko
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Job Title: Senior Systems Administrator
To maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware, and networks. To diagnose and resolve problems quickly; To ensure that our technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently. You should have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users. You will essentially be responsible for production servers, development servers, and office network and workstations.
You will drive and be the key owner to the following responsibilities:
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage servers (cloud and on-premises) and technology tools.
- Manage and Monitor company network and implement measure to ensure high availability.
- Set up accounts and workstations and provide user support.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls.
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models.
- Identifying and deploying cybersecurity measures by continuously performing vulnerability assessment and risk management.
- Selecting and deploying appropriate CI/CD tools to support development team.
- Defining and setting development, test, release, update, and support processes for DevOps operation.
- Encouraging and building automated processes wherever possible.
- Develop expertise to train staff on new technologies.
- Managing stakeholders and external interfaces.
- Build an internal wiki with technical documentation, manuals, and IT policies.
Required Skills or Experience
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator or similar role
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management
- Knowledge of system security (e.g. intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Experience working on Linux-based infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of various tools, open-source technologies, and cloud services (experience with any of these: AWS, Rackspace, Google cloud), container concepts/technologies (Docker, Kubernetes).
- Ability to create scripts to automate work.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proven experience in Configuration and managing databases such as PostgreSQL, Mongodb.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude. (Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role)
- Awareness of critical concepts in DevOps and Agile principles.
How to Apply