Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified graduates for Emirates Group Recruitment 2022.
Emirates is one of the world’s fastest-growing airlines. Based in Dubai, Emirates connects people all over the world to a network of over 150 destinations. Emirates Group started out in 1985 with just two aircraft and a handful of enthusiastic people. Now we have a team of over 60,000 and one of the largest fleets in the world. You could be part of our story and join us in our home city, Dubai. Our cosmopolitan team is built by people from over 160 nations. But wherever we’re from, there’s one thing we all share – a passion for travel.
Job Title: Cargo Supervisor
Provide existing and potential customers with a superior and consistent quality service, both directly and in conjunction with GHA. Ensure efficient day-to-day operations within the location by guiding and directing the team and ensuring adherence to EK SkyCargo procedures.
- Planned, organise, and coordinate the operational activities to ensure optimal efficiencies and productivity, delegating responsibilities to and controlling subordinate staff and GHA/third-party contractors as appropriate.
- Monitor and oversee the service provided by GHA to ensure it is in line with EK standards, and where there are shortcomings, to address these appropriately and timeously
- Resolve problems arising such as delays, disruptions, cargo mishandling, and transfer cargo in order to minimize cargo off-loadings and maximize utilization of space available.
- Review, collate and compile the cargo documentation for cargo uplifted on flights in accordance with local regulations and company policies
- Ensure accurate completion of all postflight activities including the dispatch of messages, forwarding documentation, and completion of station files. Where required, take appropriate action for any irregularities/ discrepancies
- Investigate and respond to queries, complaints, and claims received from internal and external customers in an efficient and timely manner
- Update and maintain Cargo Systems in order to provide the requisite customer service information, including rate filing, and facilitate accurate revenue accounting
- Motivate, train, and give feedback to staff to ensure all tasks are completed on time and to ensure a high standard of service is maintained.
- Undertake various administration functions including rostering of staff, completion of performance appraisals, and reordering of stationery as required.
- Supervise the cargo operations as required to ensure all activities are completed safely and in an efficient manner. Act as the senior in charge where no manager/officer is on duty
Qualifications & Experience
Educated to GCSE (or equivalent) with at least 6 years of experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including at least 4 years of Cargo experience in leading a team.
Educated to A Level (or equivalent) with at least 4 years experience in a Cargo Operations environment, including at least 2 years as a Cargo Agent with previous experience in team leading.
- Knowledge of Dangerous Goods regulations and currently holds/has previously held a DG certificate
- Knowledge of Weight & Balance procedures and Live Animal Regulations
- PC-based skills including Microsoft Word/ Excel/ Email Analytical and numeracy skills
- Fluency in English and the language of the country you are working in is essential.
Other job-related information
The job holder is also responsible for adhering to the relevant health and safety requirements and safe working practices applicable to their employment. Candidate should have the right to work & live in Ghana
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 14th December 2022