Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Self Help International Recruitment for Project Officer, Agricultural Entrepreneurial Development.
Self Help International is a non-profit non-governmental organization based in Kumasi and working in rural communities in the Ashanti Region to alleviate hunger by helping people help themselves. Current program areas focus on Women and Girls Empowerment, Maternal and Child Nutrition and Agricultural Entrepreneurship.
- Company: Self Help International
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
Duties and Responsibilities
• The Project Officer shall be responsible for the coordination of activities between the organization and partner institutions, recruiting and training graduate entrepreneurs and guiding them in the implementation of selected proposals leading to the creation of enterprises and jobs.
• The project officer will create and maintain a robust curriculum to work with youth to understand key concepts of starting and owning a business and will facilitate twice-weekly meetings in addition to other guidance provided) to promote good record-keeping practices, create collaborative work plans and reflect on lessons learned with participants.
• The project officer will support the overall mission of the agricultural and entrepreneurial development team.
• Applicant must have a minimum of the first degree in either Agribusiness, Entrepreneurship, Business and Financial Management or any related discipline.
• Applicant must have a minimum of three years of post-qualification experience.
Desirable attributes shall include:
• Strong report writing skills
• Ability to creatively assess program design and implementation
• Experience and expertise in managing an agricultural enterprise as a business •
• Expertise in business proposal writing and implementation with specific emphasis on budgeting, cash flow analysis, costing and market research.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Readiness to live and work in a rural environment at or near Nkwakrom (near Nkawie)
• Passion for agriculture and empowering farmers with tools to improve rural livelihoods
• Ability to establish a good rapport with clients/trainees with limited formal education
• Carrier of a valid driver’s or rider’s license, or willingness to secure one immediately upon
• Fluent in Twi.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit CV and Cover Letter to any of the addresses below: P.O. Box KS 7231, Kumasi Or Email to [email protected] You may call 03220-81973 and 0200-825100 for any clarification
Application Deadline: 31st May 2019