East Tennessee State University USA offers Undergraduate and graduate Merit Scholarships for international students to study for 2021/2022.
East Tennessee State University Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
East Tennessee State University Academic Merit Scholarship Eligibility
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
What are the benefits?
Undergraduate students: $12,500
Graduate students: $11,500
How to Apply for East Tennessee State University Academic Merit Scholarship
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship award must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks of the date on the admissions letter. Eligible students can find a link to the online scholarship acceptance form in the admissions letter.
For more information, visit the East Tennessee State University Academic Merit Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 15th October, 2020