Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Dangote Industries Limited Recruitment 2022.
We are recruiting to fill the following position below:
Job Title: Logistics Manager
- Provide strategic oversight and direction for the Logistics Function of the Company including inbound and outbound logistics of the operation.
- Champion the development and articulation of the Logistics Division’s strategy, policies, and processes and ensure alignment with the corporate strategy, goals, and objectives.
- Develop and implement strategies and tactics for improving operational efficiencies for inbound logistics and outbound logistics of the Company, while improving service levels and reducing costs.
- Establish and implement leading practice supply chain management policies and practices.
- Develop and oversee the proper management of relationships with third-party service providers within the supply chain (such as transporters, customs/ clearing agents, etc) and ensure compliance with agreed service levels.
- Oversee optimal planning and coordination for inbound & outbound materials logistics of the Company
- Collaborate with relevant functions (such as Procurement, Production, and Sales & Marketing) to develop Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and ensure adherence to agreed SLAs.
- Establish and monitor performance measurement systems for the logistics function
- Develop risk management programmes to ensure continuity of supply in emergency scenarios or product delivery disruption scenarios
- Ensure both local and third-party carrier compliance with the Company’s policies and procedures for product transit or delivery.
- Manage the human and material resources of the department to optimize performance and enhance output
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high-quality results
- Motivate, guide, and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building of subordinates
- Review and authorize key expenditures/transactions of the Department in line with the approved departmental budget and manual of authority
- Ensure periodic meetings to communicate departmental goals/targets and agree on work plans
- Prepare and agree on career development plans (in conjunction with HR Department) and conduct periodic performance appraisals for departmental staff
- Prepare and submit periodic activity/management reports to the Plant Director on the activities of the department
- Act on behalf of, and perform any other duties assigned by the Plant Director
Minimum of thirteen (13) years’ work experience with at least four (4) years experience in a senior management position.
- In-depth understanding of the cement manufacturing industry in terms of trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations, legislation, etc.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the organization’s product and service offerings.
- Ability to act independently and proactively, exercising maturity, resilience, and responsibility
- Excellent leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.
- Excellent knowledge of the principles and methodologies of supply chain management.
- Very good knowledge of existing laws and regulations governing exportation, importation, and local transportation in Ghana and DCP’s areas of operation.
- Good understanding of the distribution and logistics network in Ghana and DCP’s areas of operation
- Working knowledge of logistics HSE policies.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 10th October 2022