Damco Ghana Jobs 2017
As the Area CEO for Central and West Africa (CWAF), you will lead the business activities of the area and manage the business so that it achieves its short and long-term financial, commercial and operating objectives, as set by the overall regional business plan. The role requires an immediate and strong focus on taking the organization through current organizational changes while focusing on commercial success.
This role will be based in Ghana reporting to Region CEO IMEA (based in Dubai) and oversee the business activities in the Area comprising of the following countries: Senegal, Ghana, Mauritania, Burkina Faso, Mali, Ivory Coast, Cameroun, Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Niger.
At DAMCO, we believe that a long-term successful career happens when there is a match between what you are passionate about, what you are good at and what is needed by our business. A successful career will include a variety of experiences that stretch you, bring you out of your comfort zone and offer you an opportunity to learn and grow in ways that also build our business.
Job Title: Central & West Africa Area CEO
• Establishes overall vision and strategy for the Central & West Area (CWAF)
• Deliver on the Area Scorecard measures including CM1, EBIT, Overhead Costs and other growth indicators
• Accountable for business planning, budgeting and execution
• Leads, guides and develops the Area Leadership Team (ALT) to ensure the area achieves its objectives
• Sets and monitors the performance for the area against targets for the various functions
• Acts as a general representative for the area towards external parties and stakeholders
• Approves policies and procedures for the area that contribute to the overall regional business plan as per authority matrix
• Strengthen, develop and implement the commercial growth plan, control environment and compliance across all countries in the area
• Strengthen the engagement with global DAMCO network
• Performance manage and coach direct reports and develop the right environment for the team to be successful
• Demonstrate Value based leadership and role model the Damco Cultural Behaviors to create the right engagement across levels in the Area organization
• Develops Talent in the area for a sustainable organization that consistently delivers business results
• Explore new opportunities and opening of new markets
Who we are looking for
• Experience and proven results from a similar position (CEO/MD/Country Manager) running a large business unit/region/country with P&L responsibility
• Extensive, hands-on experience within the international logistics/supply chain management or freight forwarding industries
• Experience in leading and delivering complex change initiatives
• Experience in dealing with key stakeholders such as joint venture partners, regulators, government, unions etc.
• Track-record of consistently meeting and exceeding customers’ expectations and delivering results
Critical competencies for success
• Result orientated
• An able decision maker and critical thinker who can process information from multiple sources to make timely and correct decisions.
and correct decisions.
• Capable of turning strategic thinking into concrete actions with measurable benefits in terms of commercial value
• Has strong communication skills; polished and persuasive; someone who expresses his/her views in a direct way. Fluency in English must, knowledge of French as it is an advantage
• Collaborative and willing to cooperate and listen to others’ input
• Establishes strong internal and external networks, which are leveraged in growing the business and delivering results
• A role model for the Maersk Group values, ensuring the group values are communicated and lived by throughout the organisation in the area
Other personal characteristics
• A people orientated management style that fosters a dynamic, positive work environment
• Well-developed ethical standards and high personal integrity – a good moral compass
• Honest, good sense of humor, emotionally intelligent and authentic
• Entrepreneurial with the drive to build a bigger and better business
• A cross cultural diplomat
• High learning agility and self-awareness
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should CLICK HERE to apply.