Applications are invited by the Curtin University from international students for the International Merit Scholarships 2020 to study in Australia.
Curtin University International Merit Scholarships
Curtin University strives to give high achieving students around the world the opportunity to pursue their ambitions and gain a world-class education. Through the Merit scholarship, Curtin welcomes eligible students of any nationality except Australian.
This scholarship category awards eligible students 25% of their first year of tuition. Curtin University acknowledges the importance of being one of Australia’s most multicultural university campuses and this scholarship aims to grow the trust and confidence in Curtin University as a place for students to further their studies, careers and life experiences.
In addition, if you enrol in a Curtin English Language program before starting your studies, you will receive a maximum of 10 weeks free English. If you require more than 10 weeks’ English tuition to meet our requirements, fees apply for the tuition.
Curtin University International Merit Scholarships Eligibility
This scholarship is only for:
- International, full fee-paying, non-sponsored students
- Students commencing studies at Curtin’s Western Australia campuses in 2019
- Students commencing a full Curtin undergraduate or master by coursework program
- Students who have accepted their mainstream course offer by the 15th of December 2019
Field(s) of Study:
- All undergraduate degrees available to international students
- All postgraduate degrees (master by coursework only) available to international students.
Please note that this scholarship:
- Is NOT available to Australian citizens
- Is NOT for students granted CRL (Credit for Recognised Learning) for any part of their studies
- Covers a maximum of 25% of the first-year tuition fee up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credit points only
- Only covers tuition fees and does not cover any other international student expense
- Will be credited to recipient’s fee account at commencement of studies and cannot be accessed by them
- Will not be extended beyond its prescribed duration or amount unless notified otherwise by Curtin
- Can be revoked at the discretion of Curtin if recipient already has a scholarship or sponsorship
- Can be revoked if the recipient does not accept their Letter of Offer or enrol in their course by the date specified
- Cannot be retained if a recipient defers their studies beyond a 2020 start date
- Cannot be transferred to a Curtin campus or partner outside Western Australia, or to another university
- Offer must be accepted by the 15th December 2019
Additional note for master (coursework) students:
- Can only be applied in full to master degrees of 400 credit points
- Will only amount to 25% of the first semester tuition fee for master degrees of less than 400 credit points
Worth of Scholarship
This scholarship provides eligible students 25% of their first year tuition fee, up to a maximum of AUD$10,000.
How to Apply for Curtin University International Merit Scholarships
Students are invited to apply as normal for their chosen undergraduate or master program through any one of Curtin University registered education agents
Students can also apply online
All qualifying applications to Curtin are automatically assessed for the Curtin International Merit Scholarship. No separate scholarship application is required.
Admissions Office will assess each application accordingly and issue a supplementary letter, along with a Letter of Offer, to confirm whether the applicant has been successful.
To accept the scholarship, the recipient must:
- Meet any conditions listed in their Letter of Offer
- Have met or exceeded the higher academic cut-off specified by Curtin, specific to this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC indicated in their Letter of Offer
- Be aware of the dates and deadlines by which the above need to have been completed
For more information, visit the Curtin University International Merit Scholarships.
Application Deadline: 15th December 2019