Brunel University London is pleased to offer a prestigious package of scholarships for International students. The scholarship scheme is for fully self-funded students only and is based on academic merit and professional experience. We will award scholarships to applicants who most closely meet or exceed the criteria for the award.
Brunel University International Excellence Scholarships
The University of Brunel is offering 130 awards, which will comprise a £6,000 discount on the cost of tuition fees. The International Scholarships are open to Undergraduate and Postgraduate taught students who are classed as overseas for fee purposes.
Brunel University International Excellence Scholarships Eligibility
To be considered for the International Excellence scholarship you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
Applicants for an International scholarship must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be classed as Overseas for fees purposes and be self-funded (not sponsored). Applicants who are unsure of their fee status should note Brunel uses the information they have provided in their application form to assess fee status against regulations set by the UK government. For information on these regulations please visit the independent organisation UKCISA’s website.
- Must have an offer to study on a full time undergraduate or postgraduate taught programme (including placement routes and undergraduate integrated Masters programmes) starting in September 2021 or January 2022.
- Must complete the relevant Scholarship application by the stated deadline.
- All applicants must meet all conditions of their offer by the time they are due to register at Brunel.
Those not eligible for these Scholarships
- Applicants NOT classed as Overseas for fees purposes.
- Applicants who are not fully self-funded and are being sponsored by a Government or external body.
- The International Excellence Scholarship is not available to Postgraduate Research applicants (i.e. PhD, MPhil).
- Applicants who will NOT commence their course in September 2020 or January 2021- applicants holding offers for deferred entry must apply for scholarships in the month and year they intend to start their course and not in the year of their course application.
- Applicants holding an offer on a course that offers a College Specific Scholarship for International students will not be considered for this scholarship scheme, i.e. the Dean’s Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy Scholarship for international students, the NSRIC Scholarships or the MBA scholarship.
- Undergraduate applicants entering a course at level 5 (year 2) or level 6 (year 3).
- Applicants entering a course with London Brunel International College (LBIC), or who are progressing to a Brunel course from an LBIC course.
- Applicants entering a course with the Brunel Language Centre.
- Applicants holding an offer to study by Distance Learning.
- Applicants holding offers to study on a part-time programme.
- Students who have previously studied with Brunel University London or those that have been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies are not eligible.
Number of Awardees:
- September entry: 110 awards will be allocated in early September, to those applicants who meet all the following eligibility criteria.
- January entry: 20 scholarships, plus any remaining awards from September, will be allocated in January 2021.
Value and Duration of Scholarship:
- Postgraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver applied to the first year of study only.
- Undergraduate: £6,000 as a tuition fee waiver, each year for a maximum of three years.
- The Scholarship will be paid once for each eligible level of study, subject to normal progression criteria having been met (additional payments will not be made during a repeating year, regardless of the reason for repetition).
How to Apply for Brunel University International Excellence Scholarships
To be considered applicants must complete a register your interest form by the stated deadlines. Applications will only be accepted if all sections of the application form have been completed and if the applicant is holding an offer on a course starting in September 2019 or January 2020.
For more information, visit the Brunel University International Excellence Scholarships.
- Apply by 30th June 2021 to be considered for a later award.
- Phase 1: Apply by 20th November 2021 to be considered for an award.
Successful applicants will be contacted within four weeks of each deadline.
All awards will be finalised once all offer conditions have been met in September or January (for those on courses starting in January).
Applications for the January 2022 scholarship will open in late 2021. If a January applicant applies early (by using the September scholarship application in error) their application will not be considered and the applicant will have to reapply using the correct application form.
Scholarship holders may be required to represent Brunel as ambassadors throughout their time at the University and to participate occasionally in various activities to help promote the University. This might include hosting tours of the campus and its facilities, providing administrative support at Open Days, participating in social media and other marketing activity as required. Scholarship winners will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when participation is required.
Data pertaining to bursary/scholarship holders such as: progression rates, degree attainment, degree completion, and graduate outcomes may also be analysed in order to understand the effectiveness of bursaries and scholarships. This data may also be linked to other data already held by the University for the purpose of better understanding the impact of bursaries and scholarships on under-represented groups. To learn more about how the University uses data to support its commitment to delivering positive outcomes to students from under-represented groups please visit our webpage.