Do you need help in financing your USIU-Africa education? Apply for the United States International University-Africa LEAP Fellowship Program 2018. The Lending for Education in Africa Partnership (LEAP) Program is a fellowship program designed to provide aspiring students with affordable financing to pursue quality higher education, as well as to support program participants (LEAP Fellows) throughout their studies at USIU-Africa, and in their future job search.
The mission of the United States International University-Africa (USIU-Africa) is to promote the discovery and application of knowledge, the acquisition of skills and the development of intellect and character in a manner which prepares students to contribute effectively and ethically as citizens of a changing and increasingly technological world.
LEAP Fellows can benefit from the Program in the following ways:
- Access to affordable financing (in the form of a student loan) to fund university studies;
- Access to financial literacy training so that the Fellow can become a better borrower and/or saver;
- Access to a bespoke training program, tailored to the Fellow’s needs. Topics will include, leadership and career development; and linkages with employers;
- Become part of a community that will provide Fellows with additional support in their academic and student life, and continuing even as an alumnus.
- Applicant must be an adult Kenyan citizen;
- Must be admitted to pursue, or is currently pursuing any of the following initial undergraduate programs: BSc. Applied Computer Technology; BSc. Information Systems Technology; B.Pharmacy; B.Sc. Accounting; or B.Sc. Finance;
- Demonstrated strong academic performance (Minimum KSCE Grade of B- or GPA of 2.7);
To be considered for the LEAP Fellowship Program for the September 2018 intake, an applicant must send an expression of interest via email to USIU-Africa’s Office of Financial Aid by Saturday, June 30, 2018 via [email protected].
The expression of interest must include the following details:
- Current Students: Full Names, Telephone & Email Contacts; Student ID; Enrolled degree program;
- Prospective Students: Full Names, Telephone & Email Contacts; Degree program of interest;
For more information, visit USIU-Africa LEAP Fellowship Program.