Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for BIMA Ghana Recruitment 2023/2024.
BIMA is the leading provider of mobile-delivered insurance and health services in emerging markets.
BIMA Ghana since its inception in August 2010 continues to offer simple and affordable life, accident, and health insurance services.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Head of Finance
Specific responsibilities include:
Management and month-end closing
- General Ledger Accounting management in our accounting software/ERP (ERP – Workday).
- Management of month-end closing with the responsibility of the month-end checklist and balance sheet reconciliation.
- Management of Payroll for over 700 staff
- Timely monthly reporting to Group in the format defined by Group Finance.
- Management of annual audit and annual financial statements.
Controls and compliance
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations.
- Statutory reporting requirements as needed (e.g. tax).
- Management of internal control environment in compliance with the Group policies (Payroll, Claims, Procurement, etc.).
- Collaboration with advisors and the regional finance team on these topics.
Working capital management
- Revenue reconciliation with our IT systems and our partners.
- Invoicing to partners and collection of receivables.
- Full ownership of the Account Payable process.
- Cash flow management and preparation of funding requests.
- Support Country Manager as well as Division Heads with ‘real-time costs and profitability analysis
- Be a trusted adviser who adds value and assists in decision making
- Ensure good working relationships with underwriting partners, telco partners, and regulators
- Ensure timely receipts and payments from and to our suppliers and partners
The candidate must be/have:
- Professional qualification -ICAG/ACCA /CIMA – Final level
- Minimum of Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Should have completed national service
- At least 5-10 years of working experience in accounting or auditing roles (Senior management)
- Excellent knowledge of accounting principles and standards (IFRS).
- Good knowledge of Ghana tax laws
- Excellent in the use of ERP systems. We use Tally and Workday Financials.
- Excellent computer skills and knowledge of Excel
- Good leadership skills
- Must be results-oriented
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English
- Must be proactive and work collaboratively
- Must be self-motivated
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work under pressure
- Experience in the Insurance Industry will be highly advantageous
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply
Application Deadline: 1st May 2023