How to Apply for Slovakia Student Visa From Ghana … This is a complete guide on how to apply for student visa to study in Slovakia for Ghana – visa application fee, guideline, and requirements.
Slovakia is one the most educated countries in Europe with about 90% of its population having graduated from secondary or higher education. Slovakia offers great education opportunities a reason why you should add Slovakia to your study destination.
International students from outside the European Union studying in Slovakia can work during their studies for a maximum of 20 hours a week. After finishing their study at a Slovak university, they can work without any special work permit.
Do you want to travel to Slovakia for any other reason? See how to apply for Slovakia visa from Ghana.
In this article, we will address different questions based on search queries. Some of these queries are;
- Cost of Slovakia student visa
- Duration of Slovakia student visa
- How to renew Slovakia student visa
- Required documents for Slovakia student visa
- Slovakia student visa processing time
- How to apply for Slovakia student visa from Ghana
As an International student from Ghana, you will need to apply for Slovakia student visa if you wish to school in any of Slovak University.
How to Apply for Slovakia Student Visa From Ghana
The following is a simplified process which would help you to successfully secure the travel document to Slovakia:
Slovakia Student Visa
The Slovakia student visa is also known as National or Long Term Visa D. International students from Ghana will need Slovakia student visa or National or Long Term Visa D to study in Turkey. This visa category is specifically for international students who are enrolled in a Slovak University.
Slovakia is a member of the Schengen area. See how to apply for Schengen visa from Ghana.
Duration of Slovakia Student Visa
The student visa duration depends on the program you choose. The Slovakia student visa is valid for up to 3 months or more. The National or Long Term Visa D allows you to stay during your entire degree programme, you may need to renew your visa every year. If you want to stay in Slovakia after your degree is over, you will have to apply for a residence permit through the immigration office.
Cost of Study Visa for Slovakia
The cost of the Slovakia Student visa is 33€. The price is always the same no matter the duration of your studies. You can pay the visa fee at the visa application centre in Ghana.
How to Renew Student Visa in Slovakia
You can renew your Student Visa as many times as you want, as long as you are enrolled in a Slovak University. However, you will need to show evidence of your eligibility and must apply from inside the Slovak territory before your visa expires. If you want to stay back at the end of your study, you will need to apply for another type of visa. See how to apply for another type of Slovakia Visa.
READ ALSO: How to Apply for Canada Student Visa from Ghana.
Required Documents for Slovak Student Visa Application
Here is a list of required documents you will need if you are applying for a Slovakia student Visa from Ghana.
- Visa application form. You should fill it completely and append your signature.
- Recent passport-sized photographs which captures the full face with a light background is required.
- International passport with a validity exceeding the expected return date, with at least two blank pages.
- Copy of the passports data sheet (page on which the photo is located).
- Copies of your previous visas (if any).
- A cover letter stating the purpose of visit to Slovakia and itinerary. (See how to write a cover letter for visa application)
- Flight Itinerary with dates and flight numbers specifying entry and exit from Slovakia.
- Health Insurance. Proof of health insurance covering international travel.
- Acceptance letter from a Slovak institution
- Six-month bank statements of the applicant or applicant’s sponsor.
- Proof of accommodation in Slovakia– hotel booking or any other accommodation.
- Letter from sponsor bearing his/her financial means and stating that s/he will be responsible for applicant’s expenses (if being sponsored).
- Evidence of payment for visa application fee.
- Certificate of good conduct
How to Apply for Slovakia Student Visa From Ghana
- Apply for admission into Slovak University. Proceed to the next step when you have been granted admission.
- Visit the visa application centre in Ghana (Slovak embassy in Ghana) to obtain your visa application form. Fill same and submit at the embassy.
- Schedule a visa appointment (place your appointment at least eight weeks before your intended travel date).
- Have your biometric collected and have your visa interview.
All letters should be addressed to the Slovakia embassy address as detailed here.
NOTE: All supporting documents must be attached to your visa application form. Incomplete application will not be accepted.
Slovakia Student Visa Application Time
Waiting times for appointments and for processing applications will vary depending on your nationality and the time of year. You should apply at least 3 months before your university degree programme starts. After you’ve applied, you can expect that you’ll wait about 2 to 4 weeks for the decision.