Have you ever wondered how some cartoons were made, or that your favourite tv commercial which has lots of motion making it look real? Well, animation is an important tool used in such projects. As an animator more of your duties involves trying to tell a story in a very captivating manner to the audience. This is why media companies spend a lot of money hiring animators for their media-related work.
Job Profile for Animators
As an animator specialization is one thing that helps with working effectively this could be either in 2-D or 3-D animation. Whichever this might be your role would involve you working with either production companies, media houses or company commercials. Because illustration is important, most times they spend a lot of time trying to perfect their work making them spend extra hours after normal working hours.
Read also: Career Prospects for Archaeologists
Job Description of Animators
- Understanding client needs.
- Using desired software to make quality illustrations fit for the desired audience
- Presenting the finished version of the animation to the team lead for proper editing and approval.
- Improving animation skills by watching tutorial videos and attending seminars.
Skills to Be Included in Your CV
Some of the skills you should include in your cv for prospective employers to consider your application includes:
- Use of appropriate software tools
- Presentation and Communication skills
- Pay attention to details
- Ability to work well under pressure.
Typical Employers of Animators
As an animator, some of the places where you can start an amazing career includes:
- Media Companies
- Production Companies
- Animation Studios
- Graphic design and Gaming studios
Qualification for Animators
Interestingly, having the talent to design and illustrate visually can be a good place to start from, but people also go for a bachelors degree or diploma in communications, media and graphic design to improve their skills. Also, during the process of searching for a permanent position, you can sign up on various websites to offer free-lance service.