Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Akrofi-Christaller Institute Recruitment 2023/2024.
The Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology, Mission, and Culture, formerly known as the Akrofi-Christaller Memorial Centre for Mission Research and Applied Theology, is a tertiary, postgraduate research and training institute located in Akropong-Akuapem in Ghana.
we are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Archival Assistant
Akrofi-Christaller Institute of Theology Mission and Culture (Fully Accredited as a Postgraduate University by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission of the Ministry of Education) has one vacancy for the position of Archival Assistant.
Objective of the position
• The Archival Assistant, under the supervision of the Archival Officer, will assist in the development, promotion and daily running of the Archive & Rare Book Section to ensure the provision of an effective resource and information service, both for the Akrofi-Christaller community (students, faculty and staff) and a wide range of external users and partners.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
• Assist with archival processing, digitization, and cataloging projects as required.
• To assist the Archival Officer in cleaning documents, appraising, accessioning, sorting, packaging, listing, labeling, boxing, and locating archival materials
• Assist with data entry into the ACI Archival Management System.
• Attend to a wide range of inquiries from researchers, depositors, supporters, visitors, staff, and students (in person, by telephone, e-mail, post, Facebook, or WhatsApp).
• Assist with records and manuscript arrangement.
• Any other duties that may from time to time be required, as discussed and agreed upon with Archival Officer and the Librarian.
• Mature Christian with integrity, and a sense of responsibility, committed to the Institute’s vision, aims, and objectives.
• Must hold a Diploma in Library Studies from an accredited and recognized University with at least two years of practical experience. An additional degree in Information Studies will be an advantage.
• Must be physically mobile with the ability to lift and move boxes of documents.
• Must not be allergic to dust.
How to Apply
Interested persons should write to:
[email protected] giving their full curriculum vitae and addresses of three referees (current employer/Academic Dean, pastor, and personal friend).
AKROFI-CHRISTALLER INSTITUTE OF THEOLOGY, MISSION AND CULTURE
P.O. Box 76, Akropong-Akuapem
(Fully Accredited as a Postgraduate University by the Ghana Tertiary Education Commission of the Ministry of Education)
Application Deadline: 21 July 2023