Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Afritrack Angola Industries Ltd Recruitment for Chief Finance Officer.
Afritrack Angola Industries Ltd is a construction company.
- Company: Afritrack Angola Industries Ltd
- Location: Accra, Greater Accra Region, Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
• The CFO will be part of the senior management team and will report directly to the CEO
• The incumbent will direct organisational fiscal function and provide leadership and guidance to senior executives in financial matters affecting company strategy and direction
• In addition, the CFO will provide and communicate key financial information to the Board of Directors.
• Responsible for the development, implementation and management of all financial, accounting, controlling and investment activities.
• Maintain accounting policies and procedures to ensure proper recording and reporting of financial transactions, assets and liabilities
• Formulate and implement financial strategies aimed at optimising the use of the Company
• Advise the CEO on investment policies and handle the investment portfolio of the company
• Ensure the establishment and maintenance of proper internal controls and ensure consistency with current policies and organisational changes
• Oversee the preparation of financial statements. Prepare analytical reports for presentation to the Board of Directors
• Stakeholder engagement, including but not limited to various government entities and the Board of Directors
• Manage the preparation of all corporate tax returns and ensure compliance with all applicable tax regulations,
• Evaluate the finance departments structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the department as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth with emphasis on opportunities (where possible) of individuals.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Professional certification (CPA / ACCA /CIMA) or equivalent
• Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in Finance or Accounting but an MBA degree or its equivalent is preferred
• Minimum of 15 years’ progressive experience with some practice in the Building &Construction industry
• Proven experience operating at Chief Finance Officer level, supervising a finance and accounting team
• Ability to operate at Board level and be hands on when required.
• Must be IT literate and advanced in the use of Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc.
• Must have some experience with PRIMAVERA Accounting Software.
• Financial modelling skills will be plus
• Ability to travel outside Ghana / internationally
• Strong and up to date knowledge of accounting rules and regulations
• Effective project and operational management skills
• Excellent leadership skills with the ability to engage a dynamic team
• Excellent communication (written, verbal, listening) and interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• Ability to work independently, multi-task, and prioritise workload for self and team
• Ability to win and build credibility at all levels of organisation
• Must be proactive, pragmatic and capable of delivering results
• Ability to explain complex financial arrangements to both internal and external audiences
• Ethical and compliant with all accounting regulations
NB: Applicants should be willing to travel outside Ghana.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and application letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 15 January, 2019.