Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Forum for Research and Education in Health (AFREhealth) Recruitment 2024.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Program Manager
- Ensure effective implementation and coordination of program activities and monitor progress toward the achievement of the program goals and objectives.
- Review project work plans and budgets and provide an oversight role on grantees’ programmatic work
- Contribute to the strategic planning of activities in support of AFREhealth goals and objectives, including the determination of program priorities.
- Contribute to the analysis, synthesis, and reporting of project outputs and results, working in close collaboration with any project coordinators and key personnel on the team, and ensuring incorporation of lessons learned into ongoing activity tasks.
- Coordinate the development and dissemination of materials related to AFREhealth projects and their respective results.
- Provide strategic and programmatic inputs to new proposals as needed.
- Work closely with project Coordinators and financial management team on any cost sharing requirements.
- Track project funds in line with approved budget and activities
- Prepare and submit timely project progress reports in adherence to funder guidelines
- Manage the day-to-day program activities and chairs the program management team meetings where necessary
- Provide on-going leadership for program team by building and motivating the team members to meet required deliverables.
- Work creatively, and engage more with the team, especially in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation, and excellence
- Provide status reports about the project deliverables, risks, and issues
- Participate in the development of proposals, required documentation, and presentations to various audiences, including the project team, funders, and other key stakeholders
- Ensure that programs are continuing in accordance with the scope, schedule, budget and quality standards.
- Master’s Degree in health or social sciences or a related field
- Knowledge of donor and especially US federal grant regulations.
- A minimum of 7 years of mid- to senior-level experience implementing and managing complex public health programs
- Proven project management training
- Previous experience working with United States Government (USG) donors, with familiarity of USAID, CDC, and with USG regulations and compliance
- Proven leadership skills and expertise in the management of health projects and program staff
- Experience coordinating project activities in and across countries
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with partners to implement consortium and program activities
- Excellent oral, written communications and presentation skills to effectively communicate with donors, organizational boards, partners, findings and analyses.
- Fluent in written and spoken English; fluency in French or Portuguese is an added advantage
- Excellent organizational skills, detail-oriented and high degree of accuracy;
- Strong analytical skills and sound judgment.
- Be of high integrity and have a sense of confidentiality
- Capability to develop and implement effective strategies and tactics for accomplishing assigned duties
- Be self-motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude to work requiring minimum supervision.
How to Apply for AFREhealth Recruitment
Qualified persons are required to send their Curriculum Vitae (CV) and application letter to [email protected].
Application Deadline: 29th October 2021.
- Please note that given the likely high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: All staff members of AFREhealth, regardless of the level of their responsibilities are expected to:
- Model the vision and mission stated above
- participate in the business development processes
- contribute to the knowledge-sharing and transfer process
- make responsible decisions that result in time and cost containment and clear accountability
- participate in multiple teams, adopt team spirit, take responsibility for action items assigned, and provide feedback as needed
- multitask, be able to manage competing priorities, and be able to prioritize to meet program and/or organizational objectives