Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for African Development Bank (AfDB) Recruitment 2020.
- Company: African Development Bank
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time.
Job Title: Lead Investment Relations Specialist
The Lead Investment Specialist reports to the Senior Director, Africa Investment Forum, in the Office of the President.
The key objectives of the position of Lead Investment Specialist are to:
- Identify and develop defined long-term strategic partnerships and sponsorships with key institutions, organizations and investors, continentally and internationally.
- Provide leadership assistance to the Senior Director in building efficient processes, strategic thinking and a robust engagement strategy for the Africa Investment Forum.
- Drive and support the Africa Investment Forum platform under the leadership of the Senior Director, of the African Development Bank.
- Build solid AIF work streams with defined outcomes.
- Develop AIF strategic partnerships and sponsorships with the Bank’s stakeholders (private sector, development institutions, government, foundations, etc).
- Support the Senior Director in internal and external engagement plans.
- Strong coordination capacity and the day-to-day running of the office of the Africa Investment Forum.
- Internally, collaborate with all Complexes, Regions and Teams across the Bank to develop the pipeline of private sector and PPPs deals and relationships needed to make the Africa Investment Forum a success and subsequent Forums.
- Lead related investment fora organized by the Bank’s Sector complexes.
- Lead the development and management of strategic relationships and partnerships related to the event management and the technical programme in relation to the Africa Investment Forum. This includes event management company and related companies, host government, media, etc. This includes supervision of the vendors and service providers.
- Contribute towards business and deal flow development in identifying suitable class of investors – DFIs, Institutional investors – Pension Funds, insurance, Sovereign Wealth Fund, Commercial banks, private equity funds.
- Be responsible for expanding the base (attracting/acquiring) of non-traditional investors – Pension Funds, insurance, Sovereign Wealth Fund to the AIF platform, across the AIF platforms, in addition to traditional investors, including on the AIF Digital Platform.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with a network of high net worth sponsors, financiers – Institutional investors, private equity, SWFs, Commercial, DFIs, pension funds, family offices, etc, and .
- Coordinate the Department work program and budget.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree or equivalent in Management Science, Business Administration, Economics, Finance, International Development, or related discipline.
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years of relevant experience out of which 3 years should be at a managerial level at increasingly senior levels in the knowledge sector, in global institutions, with proven experience in developing countries.
- Public and/or private sector experience
- Experience in building and maintaining very strong and successful partnerships.
- Experience in core initiatives supporting private sector business growth such as resource mobilization.
- Private sector experience in business environment and/or financial sector as well as an experience in interacting with institutional investors is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to lead relevant, meaningful dialogue with proven experience in providing high quality strategic and policy advice at high levels to national governments and private sector entities.
- Strategic mind-set; strong capacity to analyse actions from the perspectives of stakeholders and translate strategic thinking into compelling plans of action and to take prudent business risks to make effective, timely, and well-thought decisions.
- Evidence of ability to build and utilize talent and expertise of motivated and committed teams across functional boundaries in a productive way.
- Demonstrated ability to present and win support for ideas; a good listener; and cultural sensitivity, commitment to diversity
- Capacity to initiate and manage innovations and change.
- Range of inter-personal skills and an ability to vary the use of them according to the audience
- Effective consultation and advisory skills coupled with a client orientation
- Strong convening power and techniques with a knowledge of event organization
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English and French
- Demonstrated ability to coach junior staff
- Excellent people management skills and openness to feedback, new ideas, and ability to guide staff to solve problems.
- Strong planning organization and time management skills
- Good capacity for innovation, creativity, and ability to work in a team to solve problem.
- Highly developed negotiation skills proven to yield positive outcomes with counterparts, both internal and external.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software.
How to Apply
Click here to apply.
Job Title: Chief Internal Auditor / Principal Internal Auditor
Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision and guidance of the Division Manager, the Chief Internal Auditor/Principal Internal Auditor will:
- Lead Audit Teams / Plan to conduct audits of highly diversified Bank-wide activities or operations relating to the financial, administrative, and operational functions of the Bank.
- Plan audits and determines the audit objectives, scope, criteria, methodology to be used as well as staff and budget resources required to ensure that the audit adequately covers the selected area of the Bank’s operations, activities, systems, and controls.
- Decide on the applicable audit approach and techniques to facilitate the conduct of the audit and prepare the planning memorandum for Manager’s and Auditor General’s approval.
- Prepare Audit Programme or modify existing ones (if any), to ensure a systematic approach to the audit and ensure that the scope of the audit is covered adequately. In addition, lead the automation of risk assessment for the audit programme.
- Conduct the fieldwork by collecting data, documents, and information, testing and analysing such information, identifying weaknesses, causes and effects of variances, errors, non-compliance with rules, regulations, policies, procedures, etc with a strong focus on using data analytics and analytical tools.
- Supervise and review the work performed by other Auditors and Consultants to ensure that objectives are achieved; working papers adequately support the findings, conclusions, and recommendations, and the report is accurate, objective, clear, concise, constructive, and timely while ensuring efficiency and effective use the auditing software.
- Lead or participate in Audit Missions to Member Countries’ organizations, Project Executing Agencies, and Sites. Advice on compliance with Bank Rules, Regulations, Policies, and Procedures to improve project implementation.
- Select, present and discuss audit findings of particularly significant impact or recommendations for substantial changes in procedures, workflow or organization, with concerned Managers and Directors to obtain their agreement.
- Prepare the Preliminary Audit Report containing observations, conclusions, and recommendations to tighten controls, safeguard the assets or image of the Bank, improve working procedures and ensure that resources are efficiently utilized, under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Prepare the Final Internal Audit Report after incorporating the comments of the auditee Departments under the supervision of the Manager for transmission to the Auditor General.
- Monitor the implementation of audit recommendations to ensure that the weaknesses observed are corrected and do not recur.
- Give advice to other departments and Committees on matters relating to internal control, audit of Bank projects, procedures, financial management, operational issues to facilitate their decision-making process.
- Propose and prepare broad audit guidelines, audit manuals, procedures, and standards for internal audit activities to ensures consistency of audit approach, independence, objectivity, professional proficiency, and due care.
- Lead/Coordinate the External Quality Assurance Reviews usually conducted by External Auditors or Institute of External Auditors or Internal Audit Department of a Multilateral Development Bank, to facilitate their work by collecting all the data, documents, information requested in all Departments, sending survey questionnaires to all Directors, arranging and attending their meetings with Directors and Top Management, reading and commenting on their draft Reports.
- Train, direct and counsel less experienced Internal Auditors in the performance of audit assignments to ensure compliance with audit procedures, proficiency and time schedules.
- Lead/Coordinate the preparation of the department’s statutory reports like the annual activity report, annual work program, report on follow up of the implementation of audit recommendations among as reports as may be requested by the Manager and/or the Auditor General.
- Participate / carry out knowledge management activities within and outside the department like facilitating at training events, retreats, staff orientation programs and other client liaison activities.
- Provide technical updates to the audit team on new developments in the profession.
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or its equivalent in Audit, Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, preferably combined with an internationally recognized professional accounting/auditing qualification (“Expert compatible” Chartered/Certified Public Accountant designation).
- A minimum of six (6) years for Principal (PL4) or seven (7) for Chief (PL3), of auditing experience in an internationally recognized professional accounting firm or an International Financial Institution, including, for Chief, 3 years in leading teams of auditors. Practical data analytics experience would be a plus.
- Sound knowledge and auditing experience of private and public sector operations, financial instruments, and information systems such as SAP Hana system, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Integrated Audit Approach.
- Good interpersonal, supervisory, communication and analytical skills. Demonstrated capacity to influence and inspire team members.
- Ability to deal with sensitive issues in a multi-cultural environment and to build effective working relations with colleagues
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while ensuring quality and exceeding client expectations.
- Ability to apply international audit standards to deliver quality audit report in line with the Bank’s strategy needs/situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) in English or French, preferably with a working knowledge of the other language.
- Proficiency in use of computer Aided Audit tools like ACL, Pentana, TeamMate, etc. Experience in the use of data analytical tools is a plus.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should CLICK HERE to apply.
Application Deadline: 28th July 2020.