Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for AECOM Recruitment for Marine Surveyor.
AECOM is an American multinational engineering firm that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to a wide range of clients. AECOM has approximately 87,000 employees, and is number 164 on the 2018 Fortune 500 list. This is down from 87,500 employees and number 156 on the 2016 list. .
- Company: AECOM
- Location: Ghana
- State: Accra
- Job type: Full-Time
- Establishing primary horizontal and vertical control points including reference ties for re-establishing the points in the field.
- Recording all measurements, rod readings and calculations neatly and accurately in field books as the work progresses.
- Coordinating with the Contractor’s surveyors on work priorities and schedules.
- Checking all work by completing traverse closures and bench circuits.
- Reporting discrepancies or technical problems.
- Performing joint measurements of the completed work or payment.
- Maintaining equipment in good condition and perform frequent calibration checks.
- Performing record research, construction stakeout, and boundary, topographic, transportation and planning field work & select known survey reference points.
- Determining the precise location of important features in the survey area.
- Researching legal records, look for evidence of previous boundaries, and analyse the data to determine the location of boundary lines.
- Recording the results of surveys and verify accuracy of data.
- Preparing plots, maps, and reports – metes and bounds descriptions.
Specific skills required:
- Strong Construction supervision experiences on expressways projects.
- Well experienced in the construction of interchanges / intersections.
- Ability to utilize modern computer software and survey equipment.
- Focused on project delivery – attention to detail and quality with a capacity to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Experience working for a consultant is required (3 years minimum)
- Experience in Marine Construction and /or site investigation is an advantage
- Experience working for a contractor is an advantage
- Experience working for a foundation contractor is an advantage
- Eligibility to work in Ghana (due to nationality or work permit) is an advantage
- Minimum BSc or BTech in an engineering discipline
- Member of professional organisation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to apply.