Applications are open for interested and suitably qualified Ghanaians for the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) Recruitment for Field Coordinator 2019.
Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. For more than 15 years, we have provided tailored skills training for thousands of youth leading to improvements in their leadership, financial literacy, entrepreneurship and life planning skills. Through our service delivery, we have provided education, skills training, and technical support to thousands of youth and helped them transition to self and wage employment. Our research has contributed to filling the gap in youth data and the evidence base for public policy. And, we continue to use our national appeal and grassroots constituency, through our Voices of Youth Coalition, to advocate and campaign for youth-inclusive policies at all levels. Visit www.yesghana.org for more information.
YES-Ghana is an implementing partner for the Adwuma Pa project led by CARE International. The project aims at empowering vulnerable women and girls in the cocoa supply chain in 80 communities in 4 Municipal/District Assemblies in three regions in Ghana. The Municipal/District assemblies are Bibiani- Anhwiaso-Bekwai in the Western North Region; Asunafo North Municipality and Tano South Municipality in Bono East Region and Asikuma Odoben Brakwa District in the Central Region. YES- Ghana is leading on the identification and training of girls aged 15 – 17 years in competency based, vocational and technical skills and linkages to financial support.
Type of Contract: Full Time, Fixed Term
Locations: Bechem, Goaso, Bibiani, and Asikuma
Reporting to: Project Manager
Start Date: July, 2019
Duration of Contract: One year (renewable)
Salary and Conditions: Competitive
YES-Ghana is recruiting 4 Field Coordinators to work in 4 municipal/district assemblies and coordinate all field and administrative activities in the project communities. The Field Coordinators have administrative oversight of all activities of Trainers and Volunteers including operations, communications, programmes, data management and finance. The Field Coordinators will be based in the project district with occasional travel to the YES-Ghana head office when required. The Field Coordinators report to the Project Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of workplans to be submitted to Project Manager, and ensure that all Trainers and volunteers are aware of the daily, weekly and monthly plans for field activities
- Submit weekly and monthly reports to Project Manager
- Keep well-informed at all times of the whereabouts of all trainers and their movements
- Plan all logistics and review training plans with trainers before the delivery of soft skills training
- Monitor the implementation of the training by the trainers
- Review training sessions and provide coaching for all the trainers
- Identify and register master-crafts persons who will provide technical vocational training for the girls
- Profile project participants according to their vocational skills aspirations
- Match participants to master-crafts persons
- Link project participants to financial services
- Collate weekly and monthly figures and report to Project Manager
- Track progress towards targets
- Compile referral lists
- Enter and submit data on paper forms
- Keep records of key community contacts
- Fie paper work and other record keeping
- Support in the recruitment of trainers for the project
- Lead on the screening activities and mobilisation events in the project designated communities
- Recruit volunteers for the project
- Monitor use of ADWUMA PA materials and equipment, g. Brochures, posters, T-shirts, banners and other equipment.
- Receive and report issues with the
Internal and external communications
- Serve as key point of contact for Project Manager and other YES-Ghana staff
- Report any issues arising in the field to Project Manager
- Liaise with Project Manager regarding new groups starting, training venues, logistics and any other issues relating to training
- Send photos and other social media content to Project Manager
- Plan ahead for financial needs and submit requests for funds for administrative and field activities in advance
- Manage field expenses, and be responsible for accounting and reconciliation of funds
- Keep monies safe and secure, including both funds for administrative and field activities as well as deposits from youth
- Perform other duties as may be
Qualifications & Minimum Requirements:
- A minimum of two years professional experience in undertaking community work and/or youth- focussed
- Experience in mobilising young people highly
- Field research experience desirable, including conducting surveys and
- Experienced in providing active participant-centred training
- Experience in maintaining accurate project records, data entry or updating electronic databases a must.
- Experience in riding a motorcycle with valid licence A
Skills & Personal Attributes
- Strong communication, interpersonal and people management
- Skills and commitment in building rapport with youth participants including ability to motivate others, as well as patience and empathy for marginalised youth from disadvantaged
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with subordinates, other staff, project participants and partners, as well as other
- Self-motivated, ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal
- Resourceful and able to deal with new or difficult situations, with good decision-making skills and sound judgement in resolving issues and
- Good organisation and time management skills, confident managing multiple tasks at a
- Numerate and IT literate, with ability to use a complex Participant Management
- Excellent attention to detail, high degree of accuracy and good information management
- Fluency in English and Twi/Fante?
- Extensive knowledge of the local operating environment and familiarity with a variety of local communities in the respective
- Willing to travel to different communities within and around assigned district/municipality.
- A flexible approach to work – work during evenings and at weekends may be
- Passion and commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women
- Ability to work to high ethical standards and to uphold YES-Ghana’s guiding values and
- Only candidates who reside in or around the stated district capitals and are willing to travel to and from all its surrounding communities will be considered for this
- Candidates must have no criminal record particularly in relation to the abuse of children and youth. Background checks will be
- Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
How to Apply for YES-Ghana Recruitment
Please submit a one-page motivation letter and a recent CV bearing your contact details and two references to email@example.com. Please use FIELD COORDINATOR – AND NAME OF TOWN as the subject line of the email, for example, FIELD COORDINATOR – BECHEM. Be sure to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Application deadline: Sunday, June 23, 2019
Funding is provided by the United States Department of Labor /Bureau of International Labour Affairs under cooperative agreement number IL‐32741-18-75K. 100 percentage of the total costs of the project or program is financed with federal funds, for a total of $ 5 million. This material does not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the United States Department of Labor, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the United States Government.