Yamaha Music Gulf FZE, a subsidiary of Yamaha Corporation, is calling on tertiary music students from Africa, the Middle East, Asia, Oceania and Latin America to apply for its 2020-21 piano scholarship programme.
Yamaha Music Gulf FZE Yamaha Piano Scholarship
The online-based programme provides financial assistance to students who are pursuing full-time degree or diploma courses in music institutions.
Yamaha Music Gulf FZE Yamaha Piano Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicants must be born between 1 January 1999 and 31 December 2004.
- Applicants must be students of a music university, conservatory, college or any other music institution.
- Middle East – Bahrain, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Oman, Pakistan, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Syria, UAE, Yemen and others;
- Africa – Algeria, Angola, Burkina Faso, Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Nigeria, Reunion, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- CIS – Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan.
Value of Award: Auditions will only be done via recorded video performances of the applicants. Nine students will be selected and granted the once-off scholarship of $1 000 each.
How to Apply for Yamaha Music Gulf FZE Yamaha Piano Scholarship
- Only applications from eligible countries will be accepted.
- Applicants need to register their details with a distributor(link is external) in their country and send newly recorded videos of two pieces played on acoustic piano to Yamaha Distributor in his/her country before 30 November. Applicants should play on acoustic piano only.
- In each video recording, candidates will have to mention their name, institution name and the piece that they will be playing. For example, at the beginning of each video, before playing, they should mention: “My name is …, student of … and I will play…” (speaking in their mother tongue is accepted).
- All recordings must be newly made and dates should match with the application period.
- Format of video and audio should be in widespread use and should be in good quality.
- Piece number 1: Applicants should contact Yamaha distributor in their country for the information.
- Piece number 2: Free choice piece. (Note: A copy of a music sheet is required for evaluation purposes).
- The duration of both pieces should not exceed 20 minutes.
The winners will be announced on 7 January 2021 and will be contacted by authorised Yamaha distributors.
For more information, visit the Yamaha Music Gulf FZE Yamaha Piano Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 30th November 20, 11.59 PM (Gulf Standard Time)