The University of Skovde Sweden is offering Masters Scholarships for international students for the 2021/2022 academic year.
University of Skövde Masters Scholarships
The University of Skövde has recently updated the name of the scholarship programme for master’s students it administrates. It will no longer be referred to as UHR Scholarships but the University of Skövde Masters Scholarships.
The University of Skövde awards some partial scholarships to students liable to pay tuition fees attending a master’s programme at our University.
The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory. The scholarship granting criterion is academic merit. The scholarships can only be awarded to tuition-paying students.
Please note that you have to be able to finance the remainder of the tuition fee yourself, and to cover all the living expenses during your stay in Sweden.
Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
By what Criteria is Selection Made? The scholarship granting criterion is academic merits.
University of Skövde Masters Scholarships Eligibility
- Citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
- The master’s programme must be delivered on campus.
- Generally students can only be awarded a UHR scholarship if a master’s programme at the University of Skövde is chosen as first priority on University Admissions.
- You must have completed the application to the programme meeting all deadlines for the master’s first admission round. You must meet the entry requirements for the master’s programme you applied to, pay the application fee and the supporting documents must have been received before the deadline defined by University Admissions. Check the deadlines for the autumn and spring semesters here.
- You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. In your motivation text you must tell us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. Scholarship applications without a motivation text will not be considered.
- The criteria for awarding a scholarship are good academic merits, the motivation text and video. Criteria can also be other qualifications that are judged to be in line with educational or research areas as well as geographic location which the University of Skövde gives priority to in accordance with its internationalisation strategy.
What are the benefits? The scholarships are partial tuition fee waivers (50% of the tuition fee). If you are granted, the amount will be automatically deducted from the tuition fee when you receive your invoice.
How long will sponsorship last? The scholarship is granted for one academic semester, but it can be extended to subsequent academic semesters provided that the student’s study results are satisfactory.
How to Apply for University of Skövde Masters Scholarships
- Apply for a master’s programme at the University of Skövde via the website www.universityadmissions.se.
- Record a 2-minute video explaining why you want to take the master’s programme at the University of Skövde and how you are going to use the knowledge acquired during the programme.
- Upload your 2-minute video to a website or cloud storage so that it can be viewed by our Scholarship Committee. Please note that we will not download any video. We must be able to view the video only with the link provided via the online scholarship application form.
- Write a short motivation text telling us why you have chosen the master’s programme at the University of Skövde. The motivation text has to be submitted via the online application form (see below).
- Fill out the online application form and submit it before the scholarship application deadline. You must fill out all required fields in the online application form. You must inform your application number (8-digit number) from www.universityadmissions.se. Fill out your motivation text into the appropriate field. Include the link to your 2-minute video.
- The scholarships are awarded prior to the commencement of a Master’s programme. If you are already admitted or enrolled as a master’s student at the University of Skövde, you are not currently eligible to apply for UHR Scholarships.
For more information, visit the University of Skövde Masters Scholarships.
The application period for the autumn 2021 admission round is open. The deadline for application is on 1 February 2021 at 23:59 CET. The results will be published on 12 April, 2021.