The Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship for 2021 to study a Masters at the University of Pretoria is open.
University of Pretoria Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships provide unique opportunities to study for a Master’s in leading universities in low and middle-income countries throughout the Commonwealth.
Through this experience you will travel to a new country, develop an appreciation and understanding of a new culture, work in a new academic environment and build a global network that will last a lifetime.
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help effect positive change across the globe and create solutions to the shared challenges we face. As an active part of the Commonwealth network, scholars will help shape its future.
Eligible Field(s): The University of Pretoria will be hosting awards in the following disciplines:
• Medicine, health and life sciences
• Physical sciences, engineering and mathematics
• Social sciences
• Arts and Humanities
University of Pretoria Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship Eligibility
- To apply you must be a citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
- You must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level
- Please note, universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions – please visit the University of Pretoria’s website to find the contact details of the relevant faculty.
- Prospective applicants must have already applied to an RSA institution and have identified a supervisor and a research topic before applying for a QECS at the University of Pretoria.
- Applicants must also ensure they apply to SAQA to have their international qualifications assessed.
Value of Award: No other international programme gives you the opportunity to study in as many locations across the Commonwealth. Through a Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship you will be supported to develop your knowledge and skills within your academic field, and learn how to apply this so you can create solutions to global challenges.
You will also benefit from the following allowances:
- Fully-funded tuition fees
- Living expenses allowance for duration of award
- Return economy flights to host country
- One-off arrival allowance
- Research support grant
Duration of Award: 2 years
How to Apply for University of Pretoria Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship
Make sure that you have the following documentation to upload to your application:
• High school certificate
• Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
• Two references – preferably academic
• Scan of passport or national ID card
• Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Complete a QECS at the University of Pretoria by completing an online application form.
Submit a separate application to the university for admission to your chosen course – for any queries on the university application process please visit UP’s website to find the contact details of the relevant faculty.
For more information, visit the University of Pretoria Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship.
Application Deadline: 9th July 2020