University of Ghana Scholarships for Ph.D. & Postdoctoral Research Positions for 2018/2019 is Open. Applications are invited from interested Ph.D. and Postdoctoral Research candidates for the University of Ghana Postgraduate Research Positions.
The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), University of Ghana, Legon is looking for self-motivated and highly-qualified candidates to fill vacant PhD research & Post-Doctoral positions on its “Cities and Climate Change” project, and expected to use existing data from the project. The PhD position is for two-years, whilst the Post-Doctoral position is for one-year and both can be held in a relevant academic unit at the University of Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the management of flood risks and enhance resilience in Accra’s readiness for future floods by developing an integrated climate-smart flood management framework and catalysing evidence-based policy action.
Requirements for University of Ghana Ph.D. & Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Applicants should have completed their PhD Experiential Research Learning and at the preparatory stage of their research proposal. For Post-Doctoral positions, applicants should have published in at least one International Journal with an impact factor.
- Preferred areas of study are: Population Studies, Economics, Geography, Environmental Science, Actuarial Science, Engineering Science, Planning, Water and Sanitation, and Climate Science.
- Depending on interest, the following expertise may be required: Resource Economics; Modelling; Gender Mainstreaming; Impact Assessment & Sensitivity Analysis; Spatial Analysis.
- Strong quantitative analytical background, knowledge or experience of climate change adaptation will be an advantage.
Specific Research Areas
(i) Population-related social, economic and environmental determinants of flood risks and adaptation solutions
(ii) Use of technologies such as Geographical Information Systems (GIS) and Satellite Imagery alongside digitized maps and economic tools to manage climate change and flood risks
(iii) Gender-sensitive multi-criteria decision framework for resource and knowledge mobilization on surveillance systems for effective flood risk reduction
(iv) Research-into-Use (RIU) practice, barriers and opportunities of adaptation solutions at the nexus of population growth, hydroclimatic risks and city planning
(v) Technical feasibility, economic efficiency, social acceptability and environmental viability of climate smart indicators for adaptation solutions
How to Apply for University of Ghana Ph.D. & Postdoctoral Scholarships
- Qualified candidates should address applications to: The Director, Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana, Legon via email: email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st July, 2018.
- The application should include:
- page motivation letter indicating preferred research area(s)
- page post first degree level curriculum vitae (CV)
Only email applications with the Subject Heading: “RIPS Scholarship” will be accepted.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.