The Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), University of Ghana, Legon is seeking to recruit a self-motivated and highly-qualified candidate as the Coordinator for its Healthy Cities for Adolescent (HCA) Project.
POSITION: HCA PROJECT CO-ORDINATOR
REPORTING TO: THE PROJECT DIRECTOR, HCA PROJECT, RIPS
This is a three-year full-time position to be held at the Regional Institute for Population Studies (RIPS), University of Ghana, Legon with frequent travel within Northern and Greater-Accra Regions.
The successful applicant will:
- Undertake the day-to-day administration of the HCA project
- Serve as the frontline person and liaison between the project leadership and other stakeholders
- Be the focal person for the lead partners and collaborators
- Provide relevant technical support where his / her expertise permits
- Organise meetings (physical and virtual) and harmonise the operations of the various arms of the project
- Lead and take responsibility for organisation of specialised events (e.g. conferences, workshops, seminars), which are major components of the project
- Lead in the writing of the project reports and work with the Communication and Advocacy Officer in delivering the goals of the project
- Perform other duties within the mandate of RIPS, as may be assigned
1. The applicant must hold a minimum Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree preferably in a Social Science Discipline from an accredited University, obtained in not less than five years (5 years) at the time of applying. A Master’s Degree (MA/MPhil) qualification in the area of Development and Population Health will be an advantage.
2. A minimum two (2) years’ continuous experience of project management is required for this position, and association with adolescent health will be an advantage
3. Language proficiency of excellent fluency in “Dagbani or Mampruli” is mandatory
4. In addition, the applicant must:
- have strong writing skills including being concise
- demonstrate clear leadership and able to work with limited supervision within a culturally diverse environment
- be well versed in project management including project finances and budgeting
- familiar with social policies and related interventions
How to Apply
Applications must include mandatory:
(1) One-page letter of motivation/interest
(2) A three-page (maximum including cover if any) up-to-date post first degree qualification curriculum vitae (CV) starting with personal data, qualifications, previous work experience and task descriptions related to above requirements,
(3) One sample of a project report written by you, preferably a published report.
Qualified applicants should send email applications with the subject heading “HCA PROJECT COORDINATOR” to email@example.com and addressed to: The Director, Regional Institute for Population Studies, University of Ghana, Legon
Deadline for receipt of applications is close of day May 15, 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and not later than May 17, 2019