University of Essex is offering scholarship awards to applicants from select countries. These awards are available for high achieving students applying for entry onto any postgraduate Master’s degree programmes at University of Essex.
If you’re an international student, took your undergraduate degree overseas or in the UK and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship worth up to £5,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
University of Essex Masters Scholarships
The University of Essex scholarship will be awarded to any international student from the aforementioned countries, who underwent first degree overseas and is self-funding their postgraduate studies. Awards will be made on the basis of grades obtained in applicants’ first degree, so all applications for relevant courses will automatically be considered. The scholarship is awarded as a partial tuition fee waiver and is available for students on postgraduate taught Masters courses (excluding MBA).
University of Essex Masters Scholarships Eligibility
- These scholarships are restricted to students who are overseas fee payers and are entirely self-funded*. They are not available to students who are fully or partly sponsored.
- These scholarships may be awarded to students who have completed relevant school or university studies in one of the specified countries, and in the case of the UK, who are domiciled in one of the other specified countries.
- Awards made by an institution based in one of the specified countries above, but delivered in another country, will also be eligible.
- Students must have been awarded an undergraduate degree (this includes integrated Masters degrees) with the grade specified or above. A higher Masters grade cannot be taken to compensate for a lower Bachelors grade.
- Eligible courses are those which are full-time taught Masters courses leading to MA, MSc, LLM and MRes degrees and start in October 2022 and January 2023.
- Only one scholarship award can be made per student and the award cannot be held in conjunction with any other University of Essex scholarships.
- This scholarship is available for the first year of Masters study only.
- Successful applicants should be available for promotional activities.
* Students receiving a repayable loan to fund their studies will be considered as self-funded.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Canada, China, Ghana, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Malaysia, Nigeria, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, USA and Vietnam can apply for these scholarships.
Eligible Field of Study: Courses offered at the university
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Bangladesh:£4,000, Canada:£2,000, China:£2,500, Ghana:£4,000, Hong Kong:£2,000, India:£4,000, Indonesia:£4,000, Japan:£3,000, Jordan:£2,000, Kazakhstan:£3,000, Malaysia:£4,000, Nigeria:£4,000, Norway:£3,000, Pakistan:£4,000, Russia:£2,000, Taiwan:£3,000, Thailand:£2,000, Turkey:£4,000, USA:£2,000 and Vietnam:£4,000. Paid as discount on tuition fee
Duration of Scholarship: Payable for the first year of tuition fees.
How to Apply for University of Essex Masters Scholarships
We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship. You don’t need to complete an application form.
For more information, visit the University of Essex Masters Scholarships.