Applications are invited from African students for the University of California African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship 2023/2024 to study in the USA.
University of California African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship
The African Legal Impact Scholarship was developed to encourage enrollment of students from Africa seeking advanced legal education in University of California, Berkeley. Because funds are extremely limited, the African Legal Impact Scholarship can only be provided to two outstanding applicants each year.
University of California African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship Eligibility
African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship awards are based on:
- Citizenship or primary residence in Africa
- Academic merit
- A Statement of Intention describing what the scholarship recipient plans on accomplishing in Africa after graduating from the LL.M. professional track
- Students must be admitted to the LL.M. professional track program before they can apply for this scholarship. Scholarship application instructions will be provided to eligible admitted students.
- Recipients must maintain a minimum grade standard of ‘P’ (pass) or higher in all classes during the first semester in order to maintain scholarship eligibility during the second semester.
Value of African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship: This is a full-tuition waiver. Recipients will be responsible for paying only the $1,000 seat deposit, plus travel and living expenses.
Duration of Programme: 1 year
How to Apply for University of California African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship
A complete application to the LL.M. executive track program received no later than:
- November 1st for option A (spring start)
- December 18th for option B (summer start)
- Transcripts and letters of recommendation should be sent to LSAC well in advance in order to allow time for processing.
For more information, visit the University of California African Legal Impact LL.M Scholarship.
- 1st November 2022 for option A (spring start)
- 18th December 2022 for option B (summer start)