Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified candidates for Underground Mining Alliance Ltd Recruitment 2021/2022.
Underground Mining Alliance Ltd (UMA) is located in Accra, Ghana, and is part of the Oil & Gas Field Services Industry. It is a Joint Venture between African Underground Mining Services Limited (AUMS) and Rocksure International carrying out underground development and production works for the AngloGold Ashanti (Obuasi) Mine.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Underground and Surface Driving Trainer
- Develop and implement training plans for new light vehicle driver to achieve required competencies and operating standards.
- Schedule and deliver training plans for existing light vehicle driver where a need for further training is identified.
- Assist with, respond to, investigate and document accidents involving vehicles by following policies and procedures
- Ensure all licensed light vehicle drivers are given annual sustainment training and training records updated accordingly.
- Evaluate light vehicle driver performance, pre-trip methods, driver management skills and emergency evacuation procedures by siting with drivers, observing drills and pre-trip procedures and analyzing recorded behaviour of drivers.
- Updates drivers training standard operating procedures (SOP) and outline how new employees will be trained and licensed prior to operating vehicles or equipment.
- Provide dedicated training and mentoring for both new and existing operators to achieve required competencies and skill levels.
- Develop, plan, coordinate, implement and document all aspects of training levels and topics for surface and underground LV Drivers to maintain compliance with regulations, standards and policies.
- Develop and retain documentary records for individual training and performance and/or competency achievement
- Coordinate, schedule and facilities all light vehicle driving training programs
- Conduct needs assessment for competence, identify shortfalls in skillsets and provide realistic and practical training as well as accurately record and display competency data.
- Ensure accurate information on training are entered into the company training database.
- Develop and distribute daily, weekly, and monthly light vehicle drivers’ training reports.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian manual driving and operating licenses (C & E Classes) and has previous experience driving underground.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar position in a Hard Rock Underground Mines
- Possess strong computer skills, with exposure to the Microsoft Office Suite
- Must be conversant with the Mining Act and Driving High Code of the Republic of Ghana.
- Must possess valid driving instructor’s license or certification with proven drivers’ instructor experience
- Strong observation and analytical skills, along with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to influence, communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with people from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to read and interpret underground and surface mine routes sheets and/or maps
- Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator
- Ability to work independently to champion training effort to deliver improved consistency and operational capability.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to train, coach, and mentor light vehicle drivers.
- Must possess a clean driving and criminal record.
How to Apply for UMA Recruitment
Eligible candidates will be selected after the interview process and evaluated for suitability in terms of behavioral characteristics, organizational fit, the capability to work with the relevant complexity of work, and the ability to establish and maintain a positive and engaging culture with all stakeholders.
When applying, please follow the guidelines below to maximize the success of your application:
• Limit your Curriculum Vitae (CV) to four (4) pages
• Your CV must include demographic detail, qualifications, work experience and a minimum of two referees
• List your most recent positions first.
• Include copies of relevant, original certificates and academic records
Applications, together with detailed curriculum vitae and proof of qualifications, should be submitted by the deadline date to [email protected]
Kindly indicate the role you are applying for in the email subject.
Application Deadline: 18th May 2021.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.