Applications are invited from interested and suitably qualified Level 100 and Year 1 Masters students of the University of Ghana for the 2020/2021 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme. Deadline for UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme is Wednesday, February 10, 2021.
The University of Ghana Students Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting applications for the award of the 2020/2021 UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme for both undergraduate and graduate students in relevant academic fields who are exceptionally brilliant but with dire financial needs.
The UG-Tullow award is a full scholarship which covers tuition, stipend/subsistence/health insurance, modest subsidy for equipment (Laptop computer) and accommodation for students pursuing 4 years undergraduate programmes and 1 year master’s programmes (but in exceptional circumstances may also include 2 years M.Phil programmes). The award recipients are expected to maintain excellent academic standards of at least a B average or 3.0 CGPA in order to be in good standing to keep the Scholarship.
UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Scheme Requirements
In order to qualify and/or be eligible to apply to the University of Ghana-Tullow (UG-Tullow) Scholarship, a student must meet all of the following requirements:
- Be a Ghanaian citizen (indigenes from the Western Region are particularly encouraged to apply).
- Be able to demonstrate financial need.
- Obtained a WASSCE aggregate of 19 or better or a continuing student with CGPA of 3.0 and above.
- Be of good conduct (i.e. not have any past or pending disciplinary action taken against them).
- Awardees should be in good academic standing (i.e., to be in good academic standing, awardees would have to maintain a CGPA of at least 3.0).
- Be enrolled at University of Ghana in a full time regular undergraduate or postgraduate programme reading any of the Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) programmes listed below.
|Undergraduate Courses||Graduate Programmes|
|Environmental & Occupational Safety
Geographic information system
Material Science and Engineering
Food Process Engineering
|Occupational Health and Safety,
Geosciences, GeoInformation Science,
Economics (Environmental Economics option),
Hydrogeology, Applied Geophysics,
Applied Geochemistry, Mathematics
Computer Science, Computer Engineering
Agricultural Engineering, Biomedical Engineering,
Materials Science Engineering, Food Processing Engineering
Biomedical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering
How to Apply for UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship
Download and Submit a completed TTSS-SFAO form To S1 and the required essays, a copy of your academic records (WASSCE grades for undergraduate and academic transcripts for graduate applicants) letters of recommendation and supporting need documents.
For enquiries call the Students Financial Aid Office on 020-518-6904/0302- 945-312 or email: [email protected]
The STUDENTS FINANCIAL AID OFFICE is located at House No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences and opposite CEGENSA.
NOTE: STUDENTS FROM THE WESTERN REGION ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
UG-Tullow Tertiary Scholarship Deadline
DEADLINE for the submission of the applications is Wednesday 10th February, 2021 at 3:00 pm. (for Level 100 and 1st Year Postgraduates in the advert-relevant programmes)